Author Topic: I want to make films need tips  (Read 449 times)

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
I want to make films need tips
« on: June 25, 2004, 07:17:53 PM »
I want to make movies so. Can you guys give me tips of tricks or hardware for movie making. The first movie I want to make is real story of the 101 airborne Squadron.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 07:26:59 PM »
You mean the REAL .... HISTORICAL ... 101st Airborne SQUADRON?! So kewl. Let me know how it turns out. :D

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 07:36:21 PM »
Thats gonna be hard since troops are'nt exactly the most modeled thing in game.
:D

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 08:44:18 PM »
I know LMAO, but I am trying my hardest I still need a better program the widows movie maker. because that will not load ah films maybe I put some real clips with game clips. Anyway its going to be the intro to are squad page. Anyobdy got any more tips?

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 08:51:49 PM »
You are gonna have to do some converting to AVI and such. If you get photoshop you can "photoshop" in some troop characteristics and such. The best people to talk to about vid editing/creating are, and in no particular order:

o0Stream140o
Alf
Mipoikel

Thats a good start. There are more, and I don't mean to exclude you. This is just off the top of my head.

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2004, 10:02:16 AM »
rgr my first one is going to be a screenshot one :o. Next one will be more better.

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2004, 11:45:10 AM »
The extention of .ahf doesn't play in your default media player ie Microsoft Media Player... so you need to convert it to an AVI file, .avi.  With the film viewer you want to hit "Save as Avi" You will have the option of what screen size and frame rate you want to save it as... also you will get a little box with your choice of Codec's you can save it as..Uncompressed, mpeg-4 and etc... From what alf was saying Mpeg-4 seems to be your best bet... good quality and doesn't take up to much memory.

After that you want to import it to Microsoft Movie Player... There are other editors out there, but just starting it would be a safe bet just to use that because it is free.  Sony makes one that is a little bit of an upgrade of that, Sony Screenblast, but there are others like Ulead... The high end editors are like Adobe Premeire and Sony Vegas will run up into the 800 to 900 dollar range to purchase.  You do get better options and editing quality but it takes a little time to understand them.

You and also import MP3 files into movie maker for music to add to your film...

Just don't rush it so you can get it out.... take your time till you think that the film is perfect to your standards...   You want the film to flow... or even writing a little script before you start doesn't hurt....

After that you need to find a hosting site to upload to show people,  depending on the file size there are some out there... I use Neptune, http://www.neptune.com  they seem to be okay... not a lot of hassle...

Hope that helps a little, if you have anymore questions just ask and I will be happy to answer them... as I am still learning myself how to do this....

Good Luck

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2004, 12:24:34 PM »
yeah That helps thnxs. I think I am going to wait tell i can play ah2. Before I start making films. My freind sent me a song he got it off the enternet is that a mp3? Cause everytime i run it behide my screenshots. The player frezzes up and sometimes skips.

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2004, 12:36:37 PM »
Originally posted by jetb123
yeah That helps thnxs. I think I am going to wait tell i can play ah2. Before I start making films. My freind sent me a song he got it off the enternet is that a mp3? Cause everytime i run it behide my screenshots. The player frezzes up and sometimes skips.

It could be either MP3 or Wav... hard to tell... if the file says .mp3 then it is MP3, if it has .wav.. that is just a sound file...