Author Topic: Saitek CYBERFORCE Rudder control  (Read 550 times)

Offline OLtos

• Zinc Member
Saitek CYBERFORCE Rudder control
« on: June 10, 2004, 11:42:47 AM »
This stick is a twist rudder stick.   The rudder inputs for this stick are actullay broken in AH2.  This problem is not evident in AH1 or in the windows calibration screens.

It can best be seen in the Joystick settings input display screen.   The problem is that you cannot hold partial input.

You can watch the rudder indicator in that display screen. When you attempt to hold partial rudder, at say aprox. 25%, you will see that after a moment, (how long depends on your dampening), the rudder will migrate to full deflection without any input from you.  

This is nothing that can be corrected by adjusting sliders.  The rudder input for this joystick is broken.

Offline DktrEvil

• Copper Member
      • TheFunZone.com
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 12:59:03 PM »
What does this mean in English?

Is it AH II?  Cause my pedals work fine in AH I but not in AH II.
+Dr Evil's Death Squadron+

Let this be a lesson to you all that this organization will not tolerate .......... F-a-i-l-u-r-e!

Offline OLtos

• Zinc Member
Rudder problems
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 09:48:05 AM »
My money is on AHII.   I have two or three flight sims loader plus other games that use the twist rudder I have for other things.   And they seem to be fine.  Windows Gaming options also shows the rudders working.   It only falls apart under AHII.

I am going to uninstall AHII 40 and go back a couple of revs to see if the problem is there as well.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 09:53:28 AM »
Try to recalibrate in AH 1st.

Offline OLtos

• Zinc Member
rudder
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2004, 11:34:19 PM »
I will give recalibration a try when I get the next full version.  It will be a while.  I see there is yet another version of AH today.  Once I don't have to jump through this particular 4 hour hoop every day I will download a complete version and reinstall it.

If it acts up on me,  (I just have thissuspiscion  that it will get fixed without any further comment, I will recalibrate in AH.   I do seem to recall attempting an AH recalibration several times.   That, by the by, is how I noticed that I could test for the bug from the joystick settings area and watch the control input indicaters.   That is why I feel confident that this is an error that has crept into the code.  

They have been tinkering with the tail wheel settings on the locked unlocked stuff.   Having spent many years in software QA it is not surprising to me that changes in this area could cause some unforseen problem.   That's what Software development is like.  Fix one thing break two others.

thanks for the suggestion though

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2004, 03:47:04 AM »
sorry to have made such a short answer but I was a bit in a hurry, I've seen this problem before and a recalibration ended it :)

didn't wanted to sound rude in my 1st post, but it's how I percieve it now , so I had to give more context :)