Author Topic: Getting very annoyed Initialisation failed -9 mainWLD_FAILEDwith this error !!!  (Read 633 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Humor me.  Remove the game from the system (use Add/Remove Programs ICON in the control panel), in its entirety (includes removing the folder "Aces High II").

Reinstall a fresh copy.  Do not create a shortcut and execute the game from Start->Programs->Aces High II->Aces High II.

Let me know what it does.

Something is messed up that is telling Aces High II to look for its resources in an area that does not exist.  It could be the registry settings, which will be cleared when you run the remover in Add/Remove Programs, or the executable is not where it is supposed to be, or the folders cannot be read.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline SC-Sp00k

• Nickel Member
You are humoured and so am I.

IT WORKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Outstanding work mate and thank you for you persistance and dedication to helping me out.  If I ever get over to the US and partake in one of thoses AH Conventions, I am going to buy you many many beers. Hell, Ill bring Aussie beer to maximise your enjoyment. Thanks mate S!

Ive no idea why and I dont care. It works, it works, it works ! :)

......another happy customer.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
No problem.  Glad that did the trick.  I was running out of ideas.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
Skuzzy,
Don't know if this was the problem cause for me or not, I was getting the exact same error message when I updated on the 39 release, up til then had no problems
I deleted the whole folder thru uninstall, redownloaded the game, same error message
did a complete dx9 reinstall, same problem
Then i looked thru the puter to see what had changed during that time
My wife had downloaded the upgraded AOL Broadband software
So I uninstalled that, restored to a previous point, loaded the older version of aol( the wife likes the email and IM crap) reinstalled ah2, and since then works fine
I blame aol, not sure if it was what the problem was, cuz it sure loads a lot of crap in that install, it added six processes running in background, but I blame it anyway :)
So that is my experience, it may or may not help-but was a solution for me

NwBie
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."