Author Topic: Pieces of Airbases & Coastlines appear/dissappear  (Read 3334 times)

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
Pieces of Airbases & Coastlines appear/dissappear
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2004, 10:23:59 AM »
Originally posted by hitech
peregin: No I don't have contacts at ati.

2nd I have no idea if changing the drivers fixed artik.

If it did, it obviously it is a driver issue.

No idea if ATI is still supporting W98.

HiTEch

Actually I hadn't updated drivers still.... but looks like it not only mine problem.....

at ATI site I can't get drivers for MOBILITY RADEON 9000......
they directed me to Dell site and I've downloaded latest......
I do not know where can I get better drivers........

But it looks like these are defenetly problems with ATI cards+AH code.... don't get any problems with other games

EDIT: Actually that is driver related issue at  ATI site
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 10:31:38 AM by artik »
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2004, 10:51:03 AM »
And one more........

The driver I've installed latest I've get for official Dell site.......
The drivers at ATI site (the number of driver you have shown) is not for MOBILITY RADEON card......

And I don't think I'll get better drivers soon..........

Offline Glas

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2004, 01:27:21 PM »
Im having this problem also.  HiTech said ingame a few days ago that it was because of Win98SE and Z buffer biasing.  And M$ arent going to provide a fix apparently.

I am also using a Ati Radeon 9200SE 128MB.  It is a complete pain in the hole and should be fixed, although it wont stop me playing, even though landing your flight is like a game of Russian roulette.

I was going to install XP ( I prefer win98 to XP ) but dont see the point if people are having the same problem under winXP.

Hmmmph.

Glas
JG13 Lokis Kinder

Offline peregrin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2004, 02:35:26 PM »
If someone understands this bug, can they explain it?  If the cause is known, what is it, whose code is responsible and who should fix it?  
--Peregrine.

By the way who is "M$" who wont fix the bug?

Offline Glas

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2004, 03:14:21 PM »
Originally posted by peregrin
By the way who is "M$" who wont fix the bug?

Micro$oft.  HT said it was their problem, as I said something to do with Win98SE and Z Buffer Biasing, and they have no intention of releasing a fix.

But other people have same problems with other OSs, so im not sure all the hassle of formatting and installing XP would be worth it.

Glas
JG13 Lokis Kinder

Offline jthemenway

• Zinc Member
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2004, 04:18:38 PM »
I am seeing the same problem ATI Mobility Raedeon drivers. According to Dell.com (Dell makes my laptop) I have the latest driver for XP.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2004, 06:51:45 PM »
I have  an Ati 9000 Radeon 64 ddr card with win98se....I too have had these disappearing views for sometime. I took it as something I will have to live with.

I have the most up to date drivers 4.3 for win98,me os's.

Game is almost rock solid outside of this lil pain and the fact that at far off distances ( way off) you get the glassy see thru mountian look ( looks like a clear pane)

I can't upgrade, been out of work with injury since last October.......am on fixed income....so I will make do til it gets better for me if it does........
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2004, 10:06:59 PM »
I had the same problem with my ATI 9000 128mb.  New drivers from http://www.omegadrivers.net fixed the disappearing field pieces!!  :D
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline Glas

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2004, 05:37:48 AM »
The Omega drivers didnt even install correctly for me.  In fact, they've buggered my machine a bit.  I guess I'll just have to live with the dissapearing runways, etc.

Glas
JG13 Lokis Kinder

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2004, 07:23:51 AM »
Originally posted by Alpo
I had the same problem with my ATI 9000 128mb.  New drivers from http://www.omegadrivers.net fixed the disappearing field pieces!!  :D

That is all well and good if you are using WinXP or Win2000

doesn't help Win 98 or WinME users.....for there is no up to date drivers from ATI or OMEGA available!

If you install drivers that don't work for your operating system, you may experience some funny stuff!
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2004, 07:28:11 AM »
Originally posted by Glas
The Omega drivers didnt even install correctly for me.  In fact, they've buggered my machine a bit.  I guess I'll just have to live with the dissapearing runways, etc.

Glas
JG13 Lokis Kinder

Glas,
get the uninstaller program if you don't have it........then download some older version of drivers. each time you install a driver, make sure you completely uninstall the previous vid driver first then reboot then install new driver. I have found a different times reverting back to a previous driver solves some problems.

In your case, I never trusted the Omega drivers before when they updated regularly for my vid card, although they are not supporting my OS now, I still wouldn't use Omega drivers if they did, for they tweak the driver over what ATI puts out as a finished product/driver when it is released.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2004, 08:35:56 AM »
I was having the same problem using a Raedon 9200, WinXP.  I just updated the drivers and no more problem.

Offline peregrin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2004, 10:33:46 AM »
Originally posted by Glas
Micro$oft.  HT said it was their problem, as I said something to do with Win98SE and Z Buffer Biasing, and they have no intention of releasing a fix.

But other people have same problems with other OSs, so im not sure all the hassle of formatting and installing XP would be worth it.

Glas
JG13 Lokis Kinder

If this is a microsoft problem with 98/me, why does it appear on xp systems with old ati drivers?  It seems like an ati problem to me.
Also as I understand it, omega drivers won't fix anything as they are only tweaked versions of the lastest ati drivers, so if the ati driver has a bug so does omega.  Anyone have better info?
--Peregrine.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
HTC plz
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2004, 11:24:01 AM »
HTC.......

I know that most of chances there is bug in ATI drivers........

but lots of users just can not update/get fixed the drivers because of some problems

Me for example because I use Mobility Radeon

Can you please find what is the source of the bug........ and override it.....

The latest drivers do not fix the problem to all...

thanks,

Offline sawman

• Zinc Member
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2004, 07:19:57 PM »
:rolleyes: well,,it seems there r alot of us ATI users,i'm sure they will get this fingered out,hehe,i have a 512sdram/64mb 8500ATI myself/dx9.0 with the new 9138 driver,
  i get the same dissapearin field renderin,,Skuzzy and PYRO and yes ,u too HT,hehe will get it workin
         have a lil patience,, also,why did everyone change they're names from AH1?
       I take it that puck is puckhead?  
            ok i'll see u soon,hehe   .Sawman