Author Topic: plane cache  (Read 1194 times)

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
plane cache
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2004, 05:45:35 PM »
And people say you guys dont care...Sheesh.:aok
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline hunter33

• Zinc Member
plane cache
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2004, 05:54:02 PM »
tried it all. No go. How about sendind a disk with what you have. Then maybe I will have a fighting chance!!!

Offline hunter33

• Zinc Member
plane cache
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2004, 05:55:09 PM »
I do thank you for the help.

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
plane cache
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2004, 08:01:40 AM »
And apologise for needlessly blaming AH2 as the culprit.

Sorry could not resist :D

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
plane cache
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2004, 09:18:15 AM »
Originally posted by hunter33
tried it all. No go. How about sendind a disk with what you have. Then maybe I will have a fighting chance!!!

wouldn't it be faster to just start your D/L when u go to be then when u wake up it should be done
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline dracon

• Nickel Member
      • http://myweb.cableone.net/decon14/
plane cache
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2004, 10:09:29 AM »
Yes, use a program like "GetRight".  It's a simple easy proggie for the download impaired: http://www.getright.com  It will resume the download if interrupted.  In the case of a connection lose it will remake the connection and restart.
Problems with that??  Let me know and I'll burn the current Beta to a disk and send it to you...No cost :)

Good Luck

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
plane cache
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2004, 12:51:00 PM »
CD's will be available when we go live, but there's no point to them right now.  If I sent you one last Friday and you just received it 2 days ago, you'd still be 4 versions out of date.

As to your problem, I need you to get the current version from a clean installation in order to help.  Is an overnight download not an option?

Offline hunter33

• Zinc Member
plane cache
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2004, 01:08:28 PM »
Thanks people, last time I checked the download time was 21 hrs. Just a bit exccesive.  My comp. shares the house phone with it and I don't think I can tie up the line that long. For some reason the rest of my family wants to be able to receive and make calls!!! can't figure them out, there priorties are all wrong.

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
plane cache
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2004, 08:38:32 PM »
Email me your snail mail addy(I would'nt post it ) and i will send you a copy of the download, well. up to .41 anyway.
 it works for my squaddies
 Mflitcroft@adelphia.net:D )

Offline LeadGen

• Zinc Member
Plane Cache Problem Also
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2004, 06:03:51 AM »
I am also having a problem with the plane cache, it downloads about 3/4 of the way and kicks me out to the desktop. I can hit the space bar and get around it long enough to see that there is yet another beta to download, and I am currently downloading 42 for the next hour and a half.
My entire Aces High II folder and all contents were read only and have been changed to archive. My texture settings are now at 128. It still doesnt work. Is there no way for us to just go download the plane cache seperately, or to force the game to play without going through that step?

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
plane cache
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2004, 08:19:36 AM »
Ah... you say you're downloading beta 42?

Well stop.

I guess you don't have any head positions etc. to save so delete your AH2 folder (not AH) and download the latest version which is now Aces High 2.0 available in the News and Announcements forum.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline LeadGen

• Zinc Member
Plane Cache problem resolved
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2004, 09:12:06 AM »
After spending the entire night downloading each new beta and then finally getting to AHII, and after downloading new drivers for Nvidia, the problem has vanished and I finally got to see the new game. Dont care much for the clipboard, it wont move like the old one, and the C47 I fly so much is going to take some getting used to. Planes do seem more responsive, graphics seem nicer, and somehow I ended up a bish.. now thats just the worst insult possible LOL

Offline Rialean

• Zinc Member
plane cache
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2004, 02:32:00 PM »
Umm.  I am also suffering from this Cache issue.  I have 2.0 Version and have lowered the texture size to the lowest setting.  However my driver seems to be incorrect, may i please get a Link to a good driver for a Nvida Gforce 3?

Offline Spork42

• Zinc Member
plane cache
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2004, 02:43:58 PM »
Go here: http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Select "Graphics Driver", then "Geforce and TNT2", then select your operating system.