Author Topic: Video/Sound stutters  (Read 1036 times)

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
Video/Sound stutters
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2004, 03:27:56 PM »
I think I have found that Realtek has a newer set of drivers out.. They are newer than what the Abit Corp. website pointed to.. I think I will try them out..

If I run my sound acceleration at the 'Standard' setting, I still get the pauses. I have to run it one more notch down at 'Basic'..

I trust this can be resolved on my box as I do not have these troubles with any other games I play..  Not to throw blame at HTC because I am aware the problem exist on my machine.. But there must be someway to fix this problem without having to run a gimped machine only when I play Aces High...

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Video/Sound stutters
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2004, 05:09:13 PM »
There is really nothing we can do about it.  A good flight sim uses much more processing power than any FPS type game ever could.  Thus, everything that robs cycles away from the CPU will have a side effect.
AC97 sound devices are just incredibly CPU dependent sound devices.  They have little hardware to deal with the sounds.

Turning the acceleration down is not 'gimping' the system.  It just alters the priority of the CPU when using an AC97 sound device.  There is nothing that suffers when doing this and most everything will actually run a little better.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com