Author Topic: 109F4 Skin dessert camo; Have a look pls and tell me if something is wrong  (Read 3347 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
The Brits never cleaned their own planes, let alone captured enemy stuff.  The bottoms of spits and hurris are filthy...

So yea you could clean most of that off. :)

Of course get rid of the wing top bulges.

Also eliminate the two black rectangulat spent ammo chutes behind the oil cooler, those only appeared on 109g6 and above.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 05:21:06 PM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
love it submit it
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
Originally posted by Wotan
That’s a G-2 and Furball has given me many pictures of it. I am about 45% done but have been taking my time because there’s such a back log in the others skins I sent in. I will post pictures soon.
[/b]

Doh, can never remember whether it's a G2 or G6.  I have quite a few piccies of Black 6 as well if they're of any use, unless Furby has already supplied you with them?

Although you can't read on image, what's written around the circle behind the canopy? (before Black 6)

I am not so much talking about better quality as I am historically accuracy and redundancy.

Pyro and HT or whoever will be deciding which skin gets loaded has to review each. We could make their job easier through peer review.

We could also reduce redundancy by sharing what projects we are working on. I would think that there's only so many desert or winter skins per plane. Especially since most are so similar.

If there are 5 guys working on a desert skin it may be a good idea for the 6th guy to go a different direction.

Well it would make sense to discuss which skin is needed before work/submission.  At least you get variety that way.  Have you seen the P51D skins in AH2?  They're all very pretty but I was somewhat disappointed that some were of the same Fighter Group and therefore very similar colours/markings - no variety.  That's what my main concern is with other skins for other aircraft and at least by deciding what is needed 109 wise you are going to get that variety.
NEXX

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Well it would make sense to discuss which skin is needed before work/submission. At least you get variety that way. Have you seen the P51D skins in AH2? They're all very pretty but I was somewhat disappointed that some were of the same Fighter Group and therefore very similar colours/markings - no variety. That's what my main concern is with other skins for other aircraft and at least by deciding what is needed 109 wise you are going to get that variety.

I agree. I could do a whole squadron but they would be so similiar it wouldn't make sense. I will only do 2 for each plane I plan on skinning and try to chose different schemes.

On Black 6,

If you have close up shots of the various stencils that would be great...

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member

If you have close up shots of the various stencils that would be great...

Looks like I've deleted some, but I managed to find these if they're any good?

Only appears on Port side

Appears on both sides, lower leading edge infront of undercarriage bay

Port Side - All three ? ? ? appear on both sides

Starboard side only

Engine/airframe plate?  Port side only
NEXX

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net

We need some way to critique each others work and to keep track of who’s doing what to get the best selection available. So please post some shots before submitting.

Give me some tips on the "yellow 10" thread please. Ecke already helped me out.

Offline Ecke-109-

• Copper Member
Nexx,
what you tried to decipher as 'Bauetstoff für A', probably means 'Sauerstoff für Atemmaske'

For those which are interested, look at the bottom of the site:
http://www.luftarchiv.de/luftwaffe/kennz.htm

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
Originally posted by Ecke-109-
Nexx,
what you tried to decipher as 'Bauetstoff für A', probably means 'Sauerstoff für Atemmaske'

For those which are interested, look at the bottom of the site:
http://www.luftarchiv.de/luftwaffe/kennz.htm

Thanks Ecke, I was trying to zoom in on the text but it's pretty difficult, especially when my German is rubbish! :)
NEXX

Offline Ecke-109-

• Copper Member
Can someone tell me the name of the fonts used on wasq's pic?
Or somebody have it and can send it to me?
Searching without any hint is frustrating.

Ecke

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
http://www.ah-skins.com/index.php?site=list_templates.php

Follow the link and DL Kweassa's G10 template. He already has the stencil made.  

The "font" varied between aircraft. Most F's I have seen have had the stencil over a white / grey back ground. See the black 6 image above...

Offline Ecke-109-

• Copper Member
Thank you,

and also thanks to Kweassa. You made impressing templates.
Everything is so well arranged and structured. Now i can go back to my own ugly looking ones and go on painting.:)

Ecke

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
i like it....although the brown looks alittle funny...not sure what it needs...lighter? darker? hmm not sure :confused:
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37