Author Topic: 1 winged Spits  (Read 456 times)

Offline Darkish

• Nickel Member
1 winged Spits
« on: June 17, 2004, 09:35:54 PM »
I have seen spits flying without problems with apparently only 1 wing (or 1&1/2): looping, rolling, stall fighting etc.  Took a film of this occurence and spit shows no damage at all.

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
1 winged Spits
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 10:15:26 PM »
I saw one of my squad mates with no tail after takeoff.  He was not damaged.
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
1 winged Spits
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 11:19:00 PM »
I saw a spit doing the same flown by shooo, I went offline reviewed film 3 or 4 times. I captured the part where shooo showed up in the spit with 1 wing, was gonna send it in, during the saving of it it still showed him with 1 wing from him taking off until I got shot down. After it finished saving and I reviewed it for like the 5th time, it showed both wings.

I think it may be due to videocard overload ( or server overload ) there was like maybe 8+ planes flying in close and numerous other planes 4k or so further out plus it was over and around a base.

So much going on that the video cards are not keeping up with the drawings of textures/objects.
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
1 winged Spits
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 12:02:27 AM »
it seems that damage on my side isnt being correctly reset when the plane i killed takes off again.

Circling a base(ok vulching) i blasted the wingtip off of a hurricane.  A moment later the hurricane took off again, missing a wingtip.

Throw in zeros flying around with no tails or wings and you get some pretty interesting targets.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
1 winged Spits
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 12:08:35 AM »
I thought about that, but why would it show up in the film on the 5th viewing? and as you reported, shooo's spit in my film had his wing shot off while being vulched right before he took off with 1/2 wing missing. still after I saved that certian part of the film ( was long film) and reviewed the short film version of just his plane it came back with a whole fresh plane. was wierd/odd/unusual?  can't explain it so I blamed the videocard :-)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 12:10:37 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
1 winged Spits
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 09:36:46 AM »
anyone else seeing 1 wing spits or other planes taking off, doing fancy manuevers and all as if their whole plane was intact?

Offline maik

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg301.de
1 winged Spits
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004, 10:23:45 AM »
was meeting a spit yesterday, cut half of his wing of and turned away to fight another plane. suddenly i had him on my tail shooting at me.

didn'T film it though :(

from now on film and screenshots gotta be made when fighting spits :rolleyes:

greets