Author Topic: I noticed something last night  (Read 167 times)

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
I noticed something last night
« on: June 18, 2004, 08:34:20 AM »
I seem to be seeing a lot of real jerky movements in planes, probably the floppy fish moves people are complaining about.

I got home late and just wanted to hit the arena and fly a few hops, so I did not turn on the film recorder, so last night I did not get any film of it. I will be filming from now on.

Has anyone successfully filmed these bizarre moves that people are describing?

I saw an FW 190 that was rolling around the centerline of the fuselage (just like a normal aileron snap roll) at what appeared to be a rate of about 180+ degrees per second or more. I saw both Spitfires and Nikis that were flipping around the centerline of the wing spar end over end, almost like they were tumbling end over end, both forward and backward (not at the same time of course). There was no loss of altitude or speed, they stopped in mid air, tumbled end over end, and then they just flew off in a different direction as if nothing ever happened. The incredibly fast snap roll does not cause the plane to stop like the end over end tumble. But it does slow dramatically for a split second and the speed back up.

I saw nothing of this with La7's, P-51's, F6F's, F4U's, or Me109's.

I know that in AWIIIMV, you would often see a plane appear to stop in midair and flip up to 180 degrees in one direction and continue to fly. This was related to the smoothing code, or so we were told, and was not a bug, or something being exploited.

Is that what we are seeing in AH II, or is something else going on?

I doubt it is my computer, since I was well over 60 FPS when I saw this, often at over 85 FPS. It isn't a jerky movement like low frame rates or a screen stutter, or even a momentary freeze, although I do seem to get those way more often recently, after the ast couple of patches.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
I noticed something last night
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 11:20:40 AM »
I also saw that a few times
But I was thinking that in AH2 the planes flying characaristics are a lot less forgiving, had many of my squad mates saying they were stalling out faster, and losing control faster
Think a lot of the peeps were just herking and jerking like they were able to in AH1 and getting surprised :)

I learned to just chop throttle, let em straighten out and say hello :)
Except when they said hello first :)

NwBie
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."