Author Topic: Crash to Desktop`  (Read 319 times)

Offline Bulz

• Zinc Member
Crash to Desktop`
« on: June 17, 2004, 10:43:17 PM »
I was hearing people complain about CTD.. well my turn.  There I was at A8 providing hi cover for teammate... Pulled stick up to the left and left rudder.. DUMPED!  Never happened to me before.. ever...  Any thoughts?  Oh, I have been flying the BETA for weeks now no problems..  And yes my PC can handle it...  Definitely not on my end..

Offline GODO

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s/fw190.htm
Crash to Desktop`
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 09:46:30 AM »
Yesterday, me and 2 other mates were sent to desktop at the same time, flying different planes.

Offline Sable

• Copper Member
Crash to Desktop`
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 11:40:29 AM »
I encountered this for the first time yesterday as well.  Flying along, minding my own business.  BAM ... desktop.  No error or anything.  It was just like I hadn't even had it open in the first place.  I was able to relaunch AH and get right back in and it worked just fine the rest of the night.

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
Crash to Desktop`
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 11:47:31 AM »
I kee-rashed allso, but the screen just froze.  I then Alt Esc' ed to the destop, Shut the program down (not the computer),  restarted program and ran OK the rest of the night.  I am running XP professional.

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Crash to Desktop`
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 12:55:47 PM »
I went through a 4-6 month period about a year ago with CTDs, they were caused by having dual firewalls (PIX out front Linksys behind it). I am running only on the PIX now and did not have any issues until last night. I dumped while RTB'ing a pony with 8 kills in the bag, I was at about 200 feet over the water, hit WEP (just to get home faster) and POW...CTD. This never happened in the other AH2 builds, and I flew almost every one of them. I am wondering if maybe the server load was part of it, since I'd never flown AH2 with that many people in the arena.

Then again, it was only once, that by itself means nothing.