Author Topic: P-51B prototype  (Read 847 times)

Offline DarkNet

• Copper Member
      • http://www.linuxjet.com
P-51B prototype
« on: June 19, 2004, 11:32:55 AM »

This is just temp for right now. I haven't finished coloring the panel lines yet.  Along with many others.  Is there anyway to color the rocket tubes? and need some feedback on how she looks.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
P-51B prototype
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 01:38:13 AM »
Sure hope they improve the 51B model at some point.  Tough to make a Mustang look ugly but the shapes are nowhere near where the 109s are for example.

As for colors.  Somehow the antiglare panel doesn't look OD to me. I know you said it's a temp, but on the off chance.  The nose bands are backwards for the 339th.  Should be white-red-white.

Black wing and tail ID bands would help it too I think.

Just an opinion of course.  I've not figured out the skinning stuff yet so I'll not complain about anyone else who has the patience for it :)

Profile of a D model from the 339th.  I'd love to see a Malcom hooded P51B/C in 339th markings at some point.  There's one called "Brother Bill" from the 504th FS, 339th that would be a good one as it had both the regular hood and full invasion stripes, and hung around long enough to get the Malcom and D-Day stripes removed later.

Dan/Slack
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline dsrtrat

• Nickel Member
P-51B prototype
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 09:07:54 AM »
I can think of some models in need of a facelift before the mustangs. Look at the 38/p47/F4u . The stang was upgraded near the end of Ah1. Think we will  have to live with it for a while yet:p

Offline DarkNet

• Copper Member
      • http://www.linuxjet.com
P-51B prototype
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 09:22:35 PM »
I agree dsrtrat.
Working on a F4u1-C right now also.
would be nicer if they updated the polygons though.  Make the nose a little rounder.