Author Topic: F1 Usa  (Read 653 times)

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~ziggy2/
F1 Usa
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2004, 05:23:05 PM »
Thanks Staga,  I knew there was something going on that I didn't understand.

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
F1 Usa
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2004, 05:39:02 PM »
You can't call a driver dominant in a series that allows so much differention in the cars.  It doesn't make it a bad series, it just means that a monkey could drive that car and win.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
F1 Usa
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2004, 06:46:50 PM »
God help the rest of the field when Kimi gets a car that works.

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
F1 Usa
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2004, 07:40:51 PM »
Yo mazz check the sig:aok
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
F1 Usa
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2004, 09:09:59 PM »
LOL!  :D

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
F1 Usa
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2004, 09:46:50 PM »
I just today found that thread and those 2 lines cracked me up.I figgured they were worth seeing a few more times.God that thread was a riot  :)

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
F1 Usa
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2004, 02:22:08 AM »
Originally posted by TW9
yah micheal jordan and wayne gretzky really hurt their sports too.. and um the yankees hurt baseball.. :rolleyes:

Dont know about those fellas, but the interest in F1 worldwide in numbers of viewers are down. :rolleyes:

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
F1 Usa
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2004, 02:33:18 AM »
Not big on F1 but I respect the talent.Those guys got HUGE balls.200 + at talladegha AINT 200+ at a road course

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
F1 Usa
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2004, 02:55:05 AM »
Originally posted by Lizking
You can't call a driver dominant in a series that allows so much differention in the cars.  It doesn't make it a bad series, it just means that a monkey could drive that car and win.

Hardly, Shuey performs in cars that are lesser than it's rivals, like last years 2003GA and more so Shuey dominates because of the way he drives. No-one can pull the required consistant laps like he can especially in the cruicial few laps before a pit stop. Ross Brawn and Ferrari can plan race winning strategies because of Schumacher's ability to drive the way the team needs him too.

Originally posted by Nilsen
Dont know about those fellas, but the interest in F1 worldwide in numbers of viewers are down. :rolleyes:

In more traditional markets to a certain degree yes but in others not so,  in areas where FIA is pushing F1, the middle east, china, malaysia/indonesia ratings are constantly rising.

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
F1 Usa
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2004, 03:26:05 AM »
Originally posted by -tronski-
Hardly, Shuey performs in cars that are lesser than it's rivals, like last years 2003GA and more so Shuey dominates because of the way he drives. No-one can pull the required consistant laps like he can especially in the cruicial few laps before a pit stop. Ross Brawn and Ferrari can plan race winning strategies because of Schumacher's ability to drive the way the team needs him too.

Tronsky

Yes, he may have a slight edge over other drivers, but if you put Fisichella (example) in a ferrari and schumi in a sauber the ferrari would still win. If you had both drivers in the same car i would guess shumi would win but not by a huge margin. The overall skill level of the drivers in F1 today is very high except perhaps for a few drivers that have bought themselves seats. Fisi, Raik, Alonso, Trulli, Montoya, Webber, sato and button are all capable of winning the championship if given the best car AND team.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
F1 Usa
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2004, 03:32:46 AM »
I don't follow F1 closely but I know Schumacher is dominating the sport as of late. It happens in every series eventually where one driver is in the zone and all anyone can do is sit back and watch him win. Steve Kinser, Jeff Gordon, "Hurricane" Bob Hannah, Dale Earnhardt, Emerson Fittipaldi, John Force and Mario Andretti are just a few names that come to mind.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
F1 Usa
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2004, 04:07:07 AM »
Yes, he may have a slight edge over other drivers, but if you put Fisichella (example) in a ferrari and schumi in a sauber the ferrari would still win. If you had both drivers in the same car i would guess shumi would win but not by a huge margin. The overall skill level of the drivers in F1 today is very high except perhaps for a few drivers that have bought themselves seats. Fisi, Raik, Alonso, Trulli, Montoya, Webber, sato and button are all capable of winning the championship if given the best car AND team.

True, put Fisi in the F2004, and Shuey in the Sauber C23 and Fisi would beat Shuey, but could you be certain that Fisi would beat Shuey everytime and by what margin?

Co-drivers are an excellent way to measure certain drivers. Often I have wondered instead of Barrichello trundling around what if JPM was given the second Ferrari seat. But don't forget, Ferrari weren't the best team when Shuey went to Maranello...far from it.
Ferrari are the team that Shumacher help build, and thats also where Shumacher dominates. Like Senna he is the consumate communicator to team engineers. Put Montoya in the '96 Ferrari/Team and would Ferrari be where it is today?

Alonso, Trulli, Button are all excellent drivers, and imo at least one will be world champion sooner rather than later.

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
F1 Usa
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2004, 04:52:15 AM »
Yup. One of shumis greatests strengths is his ability to work with the team and explain to them what needs to be done etc and help build the team. At that...a "teamdriver" he is truly a great athlete. Its if you only measure pure driving skills that it gets more complicated to find the greatest driver. Shumi does not only drive for his team like so many others do.....he is part of the team from top to bottom.

Offline J318

• Zinc Member
F1 Usa
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2004, 04:32:18 PM »
Originally posted by Gh0stFT
Once i was a BIG Senna Fan and didnt liked the new one
called "Schumi", and today he is the new Senna, dominating
everything and fascinating us fans. But dont forgett he is simply
a human being and not a god, F1 is dangerous.

Are you saying that 'don't worry he's got to die sooner or later?' lol  :confused:

Offline lada

• Silver Member
F1 Usa
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2004, 05:07:52 PM »
oh well, atleast my guy got 4th.

teeth or month ?

or kilo ?
:)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 05:11:09 PM by lada »