Author Topic: plane set as a marketing tool?  (Read 121 times)

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
plane set as a marketing tool?
« on: January 11, 2000, 04:54:00 AM »

Just a thought. The C.205 brought several new italian customers to AH. The fact is that, thank to the "Veltro", now almost all italian online combat simmers know AcesHigh. Thank to the "Veltro", one of the leading aviation magazines had reviewed AH. IMHO more will come if and when we'll see the C.202 "Folgore".

Dunno what will happen when AH goes pay-to-play but IMHO never modeled a/c can be used as a marketing instrument. Italian and French guys are usually absent from online sims becouse of the language but above all the lack of country a/c.

Thats why I like early war plane sets with never modeled before kites. They'll attract italian guys with their Macchi C.200, C-202, Fiat CR42 and SM79. Finnish guys with their Fiat G-50 and Buffalo. French guys (Free-French and Vichy) with their D520 and Morane-Saulnier. And so on with PTO and CBI kites.
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2000, 05:21:00 AM »
Hehe - AH already hooked the Finns with that G-2 paintjob, methinks  

Personally I would like to see more of the "lesser known" planes in AH. Japanese twin engined fighters and latewar bombers, anything Russian, French or Italian, and British bombers. Lots of choice in attack planes and bombers is a good thing.  

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2000, 05:08:00 PM »
 Forget the french guys, HTC. They are lovers, not fighters. There are a lot of russian guys right here in the US of A and we are loaded with money  . Give us an IL2 Schturmovik and something on the ground to pound with it, and you will get some pilots.

miko--

Sorrow[S=A]

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2000, 06:47:00 PM »
Yes, I for one am astounded by the amount of russian pilots that fly because the La-5FN is available here. Hell I belong to a russian squad   More planes that are from countries that have lacked them in the past will definitly bring more customers.

------------------
If your in range, so is the enemy.

Offline janneh

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2000, 01:18:00 AM »
I agree Gatt.
More earlywar planes and less known ones and less those latewar uberplanes.
It certainly would be nice to see ugliest plane on earth, the mighty BUFFALO  

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2000, 02:43:00 AM »

I didnt mention Russian guys couse I already consider them a big well established community here. Moreover, they are used to play with AW3 and WB Yaks and Lavochins. And yes, I would like to see the IL-2.

Janneh,
I totally disagree with ya. The ugliest is the Macchi C.200    
Jokes apart, I just finished reading Brian Cull's "Hurricanes over Tobruk" and its amazing how a 2x12,7mm armed kite like the C.200 was able to shoot down Hurricanes.

[This message has been edited by gatt (edited 01-12-2000).]
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown