Author Topic: Who wants springs for TM RCS??  (Read 151 times)

-wabb-

Who wants springs for TM RCS??
« on: January 12, 2000, 10:06:00 AM »
I'm currently considering having a spring manufacturer do a run of custom springs to replace the spring that broke in my Thrustmaster RCS pedals. I'm assuming that there are other people out there that might like to have a spring or two as back-up just in case theirs breaks, or one to fix an RCS now gathering dust.

To gauge interest in this I'd appreciate anybody out there who might like one or two or more of these to email me. If I get enough responses I'll get the run of springs done.

At the moment it looks as though the springs will most likely cost about $10CDN or about $6.50US each plus postage.

So if you are interested please send me an email and indicate how many you would like if/when I order these. I'll send out emails to all who respond letting them know the status of things, and final pricing.

David Bilenkey

bilenkey@nortelnetworks.com

-wabb-

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2000, 11:33:00 AM »
Just a punt to say I have had replacement springs manufactured if anyone is interested in some.

-wabb-

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2000, 11:43:00 AM »
Those things are  a squeak to install, at least they were for  me!  Got rid of them and ended up going with CH products, 3 years strong and they've never broke.

Offline -duma-

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2000, 01:46:00 PM »
My pedals' spring broke about a year ago and I haven't bothered to replace it :P I've got a replacement spring, but never could work out exactly how the damn thing went in without loosening up in 5 seconds flat (Unless I tighten the nut up to rail-scratching proportions)

Any ideas?

Offline pzvg

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2000, 02:05:00 PM »
Hell replacing the spring's was the easy part it's that damned little plastic sprocket that gives me fits.
Duma, try turning the spring to face the other way, so that it drags on the nut in the direction of tightening,not loosening
it's worked for me  
P.S. a dab of blue Loc-Tite don't hurt either

------------------
pzvg- "5 years and I still can't shoot"

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2000, 02:40:00 PM »
Yep...locktite is definitely the key!  Put it on every nut that you loosened, and they shouldn't fall off anymore.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline -duma-

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2000, 04:33:00 PM »
OK, I'll give that a go.. if my ISP connection stays this bad I'll have plenty of time to mess around with pedals  

Thanks for your help!