Author Topic: Annoying BB problem...  (Read 128 times)

TheWobble

Annoying BB problem...
« on: February 14, 2001, 09:36:00 PM »
I havent noticed that alot of times recently I will go into an unread topic and if I post a reply in it when I back up to look at other posts, they are all marked as "read" even though i haven looked at any of them.

Whats the deal with this, it used to not do it.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Annoying BB problem...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2001, 10:02:00 PM »
So, let me get this strait.  You open up a topic you haven't seen before, then post a reply without looking at any of the posts in it?  That explains a lot!
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

TheWobble

Annoying BB problem...
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2001, 11:24:00 PM »
No ding dong, I go to the board main page, where it shows O-clup general etc.. many or all have the little lightbulb indicating that there are new posts since I have left, I g into the first section say "bug reports" and there are 2 new replys or new topics (2 lightbulbs) I go into the first one and put a reply, then I use back button to go out to main page (the main message board page) and all the topics that WERE shown witht he ligtbulbs are gone, all sections and posts within a listed as ALREADY read (no lighbulb) even though I havent even entered that section, much less read the unread posts in there.

basically after I reply to 1 post all the other un-read ones switch to saying read even though they are not.

When I logged on this time there were 8 topics in this section that are unread, but after I hit reply and back up to look at them they will all be listed as already read.. even though i never looked at them.

Its like getting 5 new mail messages and after you read the first it says that all 5 have been read.

[This message has been edited by TheWobble (edited 02-14-2001).]

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Annoying BB problem...
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 11:21:26 AM »
This is still going on lol
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Annoying BB problem...
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 11:34:34 AM »
That's simple, don't go "back" If you posted in OT, instead of going back, click on OT below the AH eagle.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Annoying BB problem...
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 11:42:20 AM »
This bumping old topics sucks.  I thought thewobble was back and my heart soared.  

Now I am just sad.

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Annoying BB problem...
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004, 12:06:02 PM »
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]