Author Topic: Lost text buffer and vid mem ?  (Read 243 times)

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Lost text buffer and vid mem ?
« on: June 23, 2004, 11:11:16 AM »
last night, after a very busy furball, my text buffer basically went blank.

At first as I typed in chat the text entry box was not visible, the cursor was visible and my text was not and it was displayed over the small text buffer display.  I could see what i had typed after I had hit enter as it scrolled up the buffer.

I then expanded the text buffer at which time I lost the whole thing, just blank text buffer and couldn't see what I was typing.

I checked my vid mem prior to relogging:

Vidmem 251.1 m  Used 69.1 m

Also:  I have a 256mb card, I get low texture memory warning when the used reaches 119mb.  
If I change from 512 textures (with 50mb used) to 1024 textures while staying in game, my vidmem will climb to around 80mb.  If I then restart AH2 my vidmem immediately registers 119mb and I get the warning.   Is this correct?  I somehow get the feeling it is not actually taking effect until I restart AH2.
I notice some players reporting that their vidmem used is almost equal to the total vidmem yet I never get anywhere close.  Is there some relationship to AGP Aperture size?  Offhand I do not know what mine is set to, I shall check when I get home.

SKurj

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 11:47:49 AM »
reported thats a bug. Right now only way to fix it is log and the come back, it should be fine for a while.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 12:03:14 PM »
Yes, i realize that, HT was asking others in MA the other day what vidmem useage was at the time of textbuffer loss so I thought I would make sure I got those details across.

SKurj