Author Topic: vid card question  (Read 505 times)

Offline AWkrull

• Copper Member
vid card question
« on: June 19, 2004, 03:31:49 AM »
Is my vid card supposed to work with ah2?
nvidia Ge Force 4 Ti 4200
64mg
Thanks in advance for your help!
P.S. Try not to get technical on me I really wont understand what your saying

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
vid card question
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2004, 04:32:11 AM »
Here are the minimum specs for AH2

Windows 98/ME/2K/XP
DirectX 9.0b
 32M video card that supports hardware T&L
P850 or better
Sound card and speakers
Joystick
Internet connection

Don't expect to see the glorious graphics. Your 32MB's above minimum. So your twice as good. Maybe max 30-40 frame rates? Something like that depending on your processor and stuff. But thats getting technical. In high density areas (furballs) you may expirience some vid card farts and such.  It really depends on your puter specs and such. Card makes a difference, but memory and processor as I've said have alot to do with vid card performance. I've said to much..

Yes You Will Be Able To Run AH2

Offline A1000

• Zinc Member
vid card question
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 12:10:12 PM »
Can someone please explain to the lesser technical minded people like myself what T&L stands for please? As tommorow (Monday) I am getting a friend to get me a new graphics card and now i am getting confused to what this T&L is.

I thought if you just went out and bought a new graphics card then AH2 would work but after reading a lot of other members posts i am starting to panic as i dont want to buy a card that is'nt compatible. Thanks. :aok

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
vid card question
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 04:57:41 PM »
I run a TI4200 128M, my framerates run 50 to 75fps at 1600 X 1200 all sliders maxed out.

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
vid card question
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 05:23:50 PM »
A1000. Most newer cards support T&L. Don't worry about it you should be fine. Post what card you are getting, and I'll let ya know if it's ok. :)

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
vid card question
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2004, 05:29:56 PM »
Originally posted by A1000
Can someone please explain to the lesser technical minded people like myself what T&L stands for please? As tommorow (Monday) I am getting a friend to get me a new graphics card and now i am getting confused to what this T&L is.

I thought if you just went out and bought a new graphics card then AH2 would work but after reading a lot of other members posts i am starting to panic as i dont want to buy a card that is'nt compatible. Thanks. :aok

Any new graphics card would support it.

I myself with go with an ATI Radeon card.. If you have the money I would buy the ATI Radeon 9800..

But, if you are on a budget, than the Radeon 9600 would work great for AH2.

Offline A1000

• Zinc Member
vid card question
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 12:23:40 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys. I asked my mate to buy a decent card, He brought back an ATI Radeon 9600pro AGP...But wait for it guys....I dont have a Golly-geen AGP port :mad:  My mate bought the wrong type, he should have bought a PCI type...AARRGGHH

Maybe my luck will change for the better in the future...I wonder if the shop owner will accept the box with the security seal broke?:rofl

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
vid card question
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2004, 12:42:11 PM »
For a PCI port your not going to be able to buy a "decent" video card.

The only ones available equate to about the lowest of the low on the AGP port.

Offline A1000

• Zinc Member
vid card question
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2004, 12:47:47 PM »
Typical...Thats just how my luck is running right now :(

Offline A1000

• Zinc Member
vid card question
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004, 01:20:38 PM »
Well my luck just went a whole lot worse. There is no point in getting a graphics card with a PCI slot as as i have been told above and now from an IT whizz at my work.
The only option he had was to buy a new mother board with an AGP slot. So for me to play AH2 i have to buy a new mother board with AGP ports and an up to date graphics card (Already bought)... it may be me but i think that is taking it to the extreme just to play a game, Dont you?

So what did i do to resolve this..... I persueded my missus to buy a new computer ( I really needed one anyway ) ...YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAA

Offline Engine

• Silver Member
vid card question
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2004, 10:43:56 AM »
If your motherboard didn't have an AGP slot, you really needed an upgrade anyway.  :)

Offline A1000

• Zinc Member
vid card question
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2004, 11:50:57 AM »
Originally posted by Engine
If your motherboard didn't have an AGP slot, you really needed an upgrade anyway.  :)

Thats for sure mate :)
Hopefully wont be too long before i am on AH2 :D

PS. Has anybody got any good screen shots from AH2 so i can see what i am missing? :aok