Author Topic: B26 ROCKS!!  (Read 114 times)

Offline Gorf

• Copper Member
B26 ROCKS!!
« on: January 14, 2000, 12:32:00 PM »
Going to start a B26 squadron soon..  GREAT job on HTCH and team.

Rojo

B26 ROCKS!!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2000, 01:03:00 PM »
Have only flown one sortie so far, but I have to agree. Definitely a hot ride for a buff.  Actually does pretty good as a buff killer too  . I'd just finished bombing f15 and f11 and was omw back to Knightland when I spied a Bish B-26 headed for the Knight base I was rtb'ing towards. He was lower, so I dropped the nose and in a couple minutes I came to within firing range of all the 50-cals in my plane's cheek blisters. Without a gun sight, I had fired a few short bursts earlier at 1 G, to zero-in an aiming point. I closed to a thousand yards, then to around 800; I opened fire and hosed him down.  I expected to get hit in return, but not a single round came my way -- a level stern approach, and only 50 knots closure rate, should have given him plenty of time...he was running level.  I closed to within only a couple hundred yards, then his right wing came off. Both he and his gunner bailed.  Yep, that's right...he even had a gunner along (can you say "dereliction of duty?").

Only problem I had was slowing down enough to drop my gear for landing.  The thing retains energy pretty well. Otherwise, its a great addition to the AH stable.

Sabre (a.k.a. Rojo)

Offline Gorf

• Copper Member
B26 ROCKS!!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2000, 01:39:00 PM »
VERY COOL SABRE..  I only got to fly it once last night and man did I have fun,(even though I flew righ into a mountain).

Gorf

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
B26 ROCKS!!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2000, 01:56:00 PM »
I'm not normally a bomber type but I am
DYING to try out the B-26!  

-Westy