Author Topic: 109E nearly done  (Read 994 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
109E nearly done
« on: June 22, 2004, 03:34:47 PM »
I'm getting there! I think I'll redo the sides though. I have to tweak where it's supposed to go around the plane number as well.

Good old "Yellow 11" - or Yellow 1 in this case

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
109E nearly done
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 04:38:54 PM »
no swatsi's.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
109E nearly done
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 05:07:50 PM »
Will blur it out

[edit:]

Done.

Now, can anybody tell me:

1) How to change the spinner colors??

2) How to make the "1" an "11"??
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 05:20:24 PM by Krusty »

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
109E nearly done
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 01:46:41 PM »
i  got same problem  i  cant  lose the  1   even if  i paint  it  the  same  camo  colour it  still  shows  up.And  where is  the  spinner  hidden?  Almost finished  but  still got  these little problems

if its  on  fire  and  going  down  its  proberly  me:aok
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
109E nearly done
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004, 03:09:39 PM »
Yellow 11 is Waldemar Wübke's 109E-3 when he was attached to 9./JG 54. He later joined JV44 "Platzschutzstaffel" (also known as the "Würger-Staffel" and/or the "Sachsenbergschwarm".)

Please post some nice shots before you submit. We can help make everything looks great and reduce HTCs work load.

Good luck!!!

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
109E nearly done
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2004, 03:53:45 PM »
Hmmm...the 109's spinner is MIA as well? I've spent the better part of a day trying to find the spinner in the 190D artwork. I put a different color swash into any unidentified area, pasted them onto a plane and took em for a spin yet could not find it anyhwere.

Does Natedog ever post here?

BTW...I think that skins has been done already. I don;t know if it was submitted or not though. Check this out:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 04:00:41 PM by Edbert »

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
109E nearly done
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2004, 05:32:57 PM »
Hrm.. didn't know that Edbert, but looking at it, I think mine looks better so far! :P

Plus, I don't mean to nit pick, but I don't think he got the camo right in color or spacing. He/she made his/her too light and too closely spaced, in my opinion. Also the 9/JG badge is in the wrong place (I put it there initially as well, then placed it on the nose where it should have been)

Re: The "1" is NOT on the fuselage. It's a smaller part of the map on the right edge, about halfway up. That's where the number will show up. Problem is you only get enough room for 1 letter.

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
109E nearly done
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2004, 06:19:17 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Hrm.. didn't know that Edbert, but looking at it, I think mine looks better so far! :P

Plus, I don't mean to nit pick, but I don't think he got the camo right in color or spacing. He/she made his/her too light and too closely spaced, in my opinion. Also the 9/JG badge is in the wrong place (I put it there initially as well, then placed it on the nose where it should have been)

Re: The "1" is NOT on the fuselage. It's a smaller part of the map on the right edge, about halfway up. That's where the number will show up. Problem is you only get enough room for 1 letter.

I cannot remember who did that skin, or if he even submitted it or not. Be sure to let me know if you find that spinner though!

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
109E nearly done
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2004, 06:44:23 PM »
I'm finding some SERIOUS shortcomings with the 109 skin. It's just not laid out in a manner that allows proper modification.

1) there is no spinner!!!!!!!!!

2) There is only the port side of fuselage, and only a 1-digit space for a number. Either allow us BOTH sides of the fuselage (to properly flip the numbers) or allow us a larger space for numbers.

3) The squad badge is in the wrong place. Should be further up. If you put the badge on the fuselage side then you have to "fill in" the badge spot with fuselage color, but if oyu have a complex camo pattern this will be VERY hard to match up.

MY RECOMMENDATIONS (this would make the skin editing best for us  skinners)

1) Show both sides of the fuselage, so we can customize each side

2) Make the squad badge like the "squad.bmp" and "squad_a.bmp" files, so that you can put it over camo and have an alpha channel, or just remove all together and we'll put hte squad badge directly on each side of the fuselage.

3) Make the aircraft numbers like the "squad.bmp" and "squad_a.bmp" files so that we can put numbers over complex camo patterns without having to line up the backgrounds. This will also allow for more than one digit to be displayed, and will prevent it from being flipped if oyu put it on the fuselage starboard side (like I tried to do as it is now)

4) Separate file for spinner

Just my thoughts. Am I missing anything?