Author Topic: Guns on buffs  (Read 367 times)

Offline SC-GreyBeard

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.picknowl.com.au/homepages/oneshot/main.htm
Guns on buffs
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 1999, 11:06:00 PM »
LOL cave,, back to the training wing for you!!!  LOL 1k.. heheh

(dunno if I could do better, but,,)

------------------
GreyBeard
Flight Commander, Aces High
Skeleton Crew

Offline Kats

• Zinc Member
      • http://jg27.org
Guns on buffs
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 1999, 12:07:00 AM »
After reading PYRO's explanation of how the buff gun system is going to work, I thought it was some ingenous thinking. Damn great idea IMO.

As he said there are a few down sides, but no matter what you do there will always be downsides. The main thing, that has already been psoted here is about multiple bogey's. PErsonally I don't think this is a big problem if you consider the likelyhood of 1 50cal bringing down an a/c, it seems to me that to get the job done you would need a concentration of fire from different guns regardless.

The implemetation should be pretty good to, gunners will place themselves strategically in a gun position with the most lines of sight to basically "direct" the rest of the gun crew. The top turret for example will be a great position, having a huge field of view, you will be able to switch targets quite quickly and easily. With practice we'll have alot of deadly gunners out there and perhaps a new column on the scoring section  

214CaveJ

Guns on buffs
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 1999, 09:24:00 AM »
lol grey
that should have been a 1k diameter, not radius.  One of the screenshots I took shows the other 17s at 211 and 531 distance, and we pretty much stayed that close together over bishcuit land  

Offline Flathat

• Zinc Member
Guns on buffs
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 1999, 12:22:00 PM »
To solve the head-down issue, make ack indiscriminate. This would also solve ack hugging and force fighter pilots to stop trying to take off from fields under attack. Ack accuracy could be decreased to more historical levels to compensate (current Ploesti Plus(tm) acks are designed to prevent vulching--but if nobody's taking off from fields under attack, there's no vulching anyway). FWIW.

------------------
Flathat
'Black Dahlia'
No10 RNAS "The Black Flight"
Angel on your wing, devil on your tail

Deadman

Guns on buffs
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 1999, 09:49:00 PM »
I think this is a cool Idea since it will let you fly with semi addequate gun coverage
Any one who flew warbirds can tell ya getting a full load of human gunners was almost impossible. At least with Hi Techs new
idea 2 guys are all ya need for a buff.
makes sense and sounds fun.
can't wait to try it.

------------------
Tonight, it ain't right
I got to have me a week.
But I'll be back for you jack and I'll let the machine speak!  Thats right Thats right (Maniac Mechanic ZZTop)