Author Topic: Digital Throttle Help, Please  (Read 298 times)

Rojo

Digital Throttle Help, Please
« on: October 18, 1999, 12:39:00 PM »
I'm looking for a Thrustmaster .adv file for my WCS MkII that has a digital throttle macro that works well with AH.  My CH-Pro is on the fritz, so I hooked my old Thrustmaster WCS MkII back up.  This forced me to set my FLCS hat back to analog, and my WCS throttle back to digital mode.

I've monkeyed around with the number of throttle steps (I've counted 17 "+" keypresses from idle to full throttle, and 17 back), and the "rate" setting. No matter what I do, if I move the throttle to fast, AH looses some of the "+" and "-" keypresses generated by my throttle.  Example: If I move the throttle slowly from idle to full, my engine dutifully goes from idle to full power. If I shove it full-forward quickly, the engine power only increases by 10 or 15 percent.

Any other TM WCSII users out there that have found the magic formula? Using analog throttle takes away use of my joystick hat, so that's not a viable option.

------------------
Rojo (S-2, The Buccaneers)

Offline indian

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 1999, 12:44:00 PM »
Look here this guys has all kinds of files for thrustmaster.
 http://home.att.net/~stickworks/

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
  Cherokee Indian
My Homepage
Where you can find the Key Commands in  files for Word6 Wordpad and text mode.

indians Homepage

Aces High Word6 and Wordpad Doc's available on my web site.

Offline Kraut

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 1999, 03:05:00 PM »
Here's mine Rojo.
19_1_=_-_+_-_p_-
My rate is set @ 20. If I throttle off too fast, it won't go to idle but for throttle up, no problem. The p is WEP so be careful of engine overheat, if it's modeled yet.
FWIW,
Good Hunting!  

tonner

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 1999, 04:23:00 PM »
Heres what I use in macrofile

@digitalthrottle = THR 1 20 1 = - SHF = SHF = p p BTN MT /P /N SHF - /R E =

along with the following in joystick file

@digitalthrottle

Works great!!  

Rojo

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 1999, 04:32:00 PM »
Tonner: some of the stuff in your macro is unfamiliar to me in the context of a WCS Mark 2 macro. Do you indeed have a WCS Mark II, or a diffent TM throttle type? My WCS manual is a little thin on examples, of course.  I'll give both yours and Kraut's a try, and let you know how they work.  Thanks for the help, all.

------------------

tonner

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 1999, 04:37:00 PM »
Ahhhh!  Duhh!  Rojo the statements I sent are for a F22Pro/TQS combo. Sorry!!  There is a chance that they will still work though.  Ive read that the FLCS files work with F22Pro if the extension is changed to .f22 for joystick file and .m22 for macro file.  Good luck!

Offline jely

• Zinc Member
      • http://home.hiwaay.net/~kmwelch
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 1999, 05:14:00 PM »
hey kraut I may have what you looking for
.adv file. I haven't got all the kinks worked out but it's close U still have to throttledown slowly to get idle speed.

Offline jely

• Zinc Member
      • http://home.hiwaay.net/~kmwelch
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 1999, 05:15:00 PM »
ooops Rojo . sorry

Rojo

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 1999, 11:56:00 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions, gang.  With your help, I've got something that mostly works, though just like jely's set up, I have to throttle down slowly. I wonder if this is something HTC can fix, as I don't have any problem in WB.

------------------

Delta-X

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 1999, 12:18:00 PM »
Just for the record, I have the same problem with my WCS Mk II and FLCS.  I was initially using the same .B50 files for AH and WB, so I know that they are programmed correctly (after modifying the AH keymap).  I have managed to get a pseudo-working solution, but still have trouble with AH dropping keystrokes.

The problem may not be specific to the HOTAS setup, for example, if I start the engine on a plane, and hold down the = key on my keyboard, I will only get one character to register, it will not repeat.  

I know others don't have this problem.

Whats strange is that I just updated my PC (new processor, MB, graphics, re-format HD, Win 98, etc) and had the problem with both machines.  I have also used two different keyboards with the same results.  And finally, I have tried the joystick port on the soundcard and a CH Gamecard.  

Maybe the HTC guys can shed some light on what may be different in the input routines between AH and WB.

-- Delta-X