Author Topic: AH2 gunnery  (Read 2191 times)

Offline meddog

• Copper Member
AH2 gunnery
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2004, 08:55:40 PM »
With so many having problems with gunnery, how is that  I get guys who saddle up d200-300 and with in a micro second  fire a killing burst and it takes me 5 seconds or so just to get my plane stablized in order to fire? I mena if you take more than 5 or so seconds to get a kill chances are, you already have an enemy on your 6
Yes I know I suck, other wise youuuuu would be dead so stop bragging.

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
AH2 gunnery
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2004, 01:06:11 AM »
Originally posted by meddog
With so many having problems with gunnery, how is that  I get guys who saddle up d200-300 and with in a micro second  fire a killing burst and it takes me 5 seconds or so just to get my plane stablized in order to fire? I mena if you take more than 5 or so seconds to get a kill chances are, you already have an enemy on your 6

Practice, practice and then some more practice.....

Offline Boozer2

• Copper Member
AH2 gunnery
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2004, 11:24:24 AM »
Originally posted by meddog
With so many having problems with gunnery, how is that  I get guys who saddle up d200-300 and with in a micro second  fire a killing burst and it takes me 5 seconds or so just to get my plane stablized in order to fire?  

I suspect they've mapped your flight course and planned an appropriate guns solution, throttled down to the correct speed, flaps, etc  all 3 or 4 seconds ago and now are just smoothly following their calculated maneuver for the kill..

That's the way I get them anyway. If it goes sour, I clear & set up again (which could be a simple barrel roll in a lot of cases) instead of trying to force the follow through for poor results.

A quick two second jerking reaction for a cheap shot won't get it here anymore and, except for a rare spraying N1K that gets lucky,  I'm pretty sure that's not really what you're seeing.

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
AH2 gunnery
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2004, 11:39:37 AM »
go to the training arena and just practice gunnery

i did it after a feww days in AH2 when i had trouble hitting.. well hitting anything.

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
AH2 gunnery
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2004, 01:39:13 PM »
I moved my converg in from 350 to 275 & it made a huge difference. It seems to be the ticket for me although I did fly into the wreckage of one of the cons I shot down & died.   :D
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
AH2 gunnery
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2004, 06:05:17 PM »
Originally posted by TDeacon
Greebo,

Doesn't adjusting head position in the forward view invalidate the boresighting of your armament?

Can't say I've noticed if it does. I just upped offline and fired some rounds on the runway with the view zoomed right in. The rounds seemed to pass through the pipper, but they disperse a lot more than in AH1 so it was hard to be certain. I tend to use the sight as a first approximation anyway, I'm looking more at the tracers and the target to get the exact gunnery solution.

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
AH2 gunnery
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2004, 06:38:26 PM »
In AH2 I set my 50 cals for 250 yards, then I wait until the  D marker turns to 200 before shooting.

Dead six shots are trouble, practice off-line.

My gunnery % hasn't changed much since last month.  7.5% as fighter, and about 11-12% as attack.  

My K/D went to pot this month because I was determined to learn how to fly something other than a Pony.  I figured the NIKI would be a nice change.  I am 53/13 in a Pony and 35/25 in a NIKI.  I finally said good bye to the Japanese Cannon Hog.  It is a plane for better pilots than I am.

Yep, get close, then get closer still, then get closer still before you shoot.

I love the new gunnery model :)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2004, 07:39:51 PM by AKFokerFoder+ »