Author Topic: How do i make my own COCKPIT?????????  (Read 2425 times)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
How do i make my own COCKPIT?????????
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2004, 10:06:30 PM »
We've yet to figure out what your really asking.

It's the communication thingy.

You get better at it as time goes on.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline AaronM2

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2004, 10:13:02 PM »
wow look its the name of the post thats what i asked it HOW DO I MAKE MY OWN COCKPITS?????????

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2004, 10:18:35 PM »
I've seen many great ideas. Wood for instance would be a worthwhile conjecture for a cockpit. What more do you want?

Offline AaronM2

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2004, 11:05:00 PM »
in Ah2 i dont know how ok look ive seen some one called Ace pilot 2 he made a cockpit for Ah2  what do i do take a screen shot and edit it LOL your the only one thats tryin to help me thx alot

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2004, 11:08:55 PM »
You are talking about a "virtual" cockpit as opposed to a cockpit that you build and you sit in it... Making cockpits is probably alot more difficult that skinning I'd say. I have not seen to many "custom" cockpits. If I run into anyone who makes them, I will point them in your direction.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2004, 11:26:24 PM »
The Trick to making a good cockpit, is to ensure that the sides are high enough to keep the birds in the arena, but not obstructive to viewing.

We really need to know a little more about your particular set up before we can get into the details. Will this be being used in a basement, or an abandoned warehouse? Basement cockpits can be trickie, as you don't have a lot of room to work with, and the seating/view problems can often heavily influence your design choices.

Also, how much traffick are you expecting? Will this just be a local club, doing this for kicks? Or will this be an organized gambling event? For the former, you can really cut a lot of corners, since you don't have to worry about presentation, but for the latter, you are going to want to go all out to show that you're a real class act. Nothing but the best for Prize birds. Be sure to save some money to pay off the authorities though, as one quick tip can render your hard work meaningless.

And finally, how much time/money are you looking to spend? These questions will really help us determine the best course of action for your cockpit.

Yours in Service,

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Sp4de

• Silver Member
      • http://www.freewebs.com/decommissisoned1/
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2004, 02:22:29 AM »
heheheheheh he said ****:lol

Offline AaronM2

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2004, 04:38:20 AM »
can i asky yall something yall know im talking about A aces high 2 cockpit right?

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2004, 04:47:02 AM »
Ohhhhh. Well then your §hit outa luck. :aok

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2004, 09:40:17 AM »
Why make your own? Come get mine, I'm only a few hours away :D

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118637

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2004, 09:53:37 AM »
We oppose bad grammar, and unending serials of changing topics in one sentence.

(but.. but.. what happens to brady and HT then..??)

Also, we have no idea on what your current level of skill when it comes to basic graphics editing. We need info on what you want, how you want it, and whether or not you're capable of doing it in your current status.

Just barging in with a question "how do I do this, how do I do that" is gonna go nowhere, because we have doubts about whether or not we'd be wasting our time when we try to help you out.

So ask us nicely, in good grammar, appropriate selection of words and due politeness, and we just might give you what you want.

Also, provide us on some info on what program you use, how much you know how to use it, and maybe some sample pics of your skin work, if there is any.

And then, we can try to explain how you might make one, according to your current level of skinning knowledge.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 10:01:09 AM by Kweassa »

Offline acepilot2

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2004, 10:14:25 AM »
To make an ah2 cockpit, first play the game. Select the plane you want to make a cockpit for and right click it. One of the options should save "save skin"-click it, then close out of ah2.  Then go to program files/htc/ah2 and go to the  "skins" folder. There should be a folder named the plane you saved.  For this example I will use the p51D.  The folder would be named "p51d." In the "skins" folder, make a new folder named "p51d1." (note that whatever the name of the plane is add a "1" to it.)

Copy all the cockpit bmps from "p51d" to "p51d1." In this case they should be named P51DCP1, P51DCP2, AND P51DCP3. Edit them, then play ah2 offline. Select the p51-there should be a custom skin named p51d1. this will have the custom cockpit.

btw, here is the pyro tutorial:http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106704

aye. there. sorry to spoil the fun.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 10:19:26 AM by acepilot2 »

Offline AaronM2

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2004, 12:29:35 PM »
yes thx alot