Author Topic: Rivits and selective detail with AH1 skins. Your thoughts.  (Read 760 times)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Rivits and selective detail with AH1 skins. Your thoughts.
« on: June 27, 2004, 05:39:44 PM »
One of the problems with the "old" skins is skin stretch in areas. There's no way to compensate for it. The D-25 Jug skin has a few areas. R/side fuse and top front right and left fuse that prohibits doing horizontal lines and rivits of any kind.

The MAIN thing is when you look left or right, the wing panels aren't stretched, rivits work well there. But riviting the L/side fuse and not the right side because it's stretched doesn't make sense.

Spent the weekend redoing panel lines and rivits on the top wing. Gives you good detail out the canopy.

I'm thinking with the stretching of various areas on the Jug skin to keep the "detail" visable to the pilot and give the illusion of detail to the rest.

Hardest part of doing panel lines and rivits is when your done not making it look like the rivits on the Golden Gate Bridge or a WWI tank to show off how good they look :D

Because when you back off aways you shouldn' see them.

How you guys working around the old skins ?? There's some places that are stretched, some places you'll never see ingame.

I could worry it forever.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 01:51:04 AM by nopoop »
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 07:04:57 PM »
nice job nopoop! Damn!
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 10:04:09 PM »
I like your rivets Poop. I thing they are just fine like that.

Do not trust Snory's template for the "no step red square" on the wing. Most WW2 jugs didn't have anything written there, just the red square. Moreover, I think it should read "No Step", thus any weathering should be removed. Hang on, I'm doubting now :lol  I'll check when I go home.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 12:05:20 PM »
believe the "no step" red was just on the flap also.