Author Topic: ctd when vid mem nears limit  (Read 357 times)

Offline hulk31st

• Copper Member
ctd when vid mem nears limit
« on: June 27, 2004, 01:58:47 PM »
:(

Saturday night, my 'video memory used' climbed from 30-something to 100 something, at which Aces High II crashed to desktop.

:eek:
Tunisia 1944 Scenario Participant

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Re: ctd when vid mem nears limit
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 05:05:19 PM »
Originally posted by hulk31st
:(

Saturday night, my 'video memory used' climbed from 30-something to 100 something, at which Aces High II crashed to desktop.

:eek:

They are working on that problem. Most people are able to use "ALT"+"Tab" to minimize the game and come back, clearing their video memory. I do it every time I see my memory usage get close to 50%. If you get a blank or whitescreen when you come back, use the "Esc" key, or some use the "Windows" key.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline hulk31st

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 11:48:06 PM »
Thank you, will do
Tunisia 1944 Scenario Participant

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2004, 11:55:20 PM »
Good luck. Saw you tonight, finished you off. Good P-40 flying.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: ctd when vid mem nears limit
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2004, 11:56:06 PM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
They are working on that problem. Most people are able to use "ALT"+"Tab" to minimize the game and come back, clearing their video memory. I do it every time I see my memory usage get close to 50%. If you get a blank or whitescreen when you come back, use the "Esc" key, or some use the "Windows" key.

The problem is, half the time I CDT when I alt-tab or use the Windows key. This is a SERIOUS bug, one that did not exist in the last beta.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: ctd when vid mem nears limit
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2004, 12:19:12 AM »
Originally posted by Widewing
The problem is, half the time I CDT when I alt-tab or use the Windows key. This is a SERIOUS bug, one that did not exist in the last beta.

My regards,

Widewing

Yeah, there are a few in my squad who get no help from any of this. They too CTD or lock up with [ALT]+[Tab]. I think HTC is working harder on getting the root problem, the video memory getting tied up and not released, than they are the [ATL]+[Tab] bugs. If they solve that, the others aren't AS MUCH an issue, while still a problem.

I notice several bugs that did not exist in the beta, I wonder if they are now coming out due to the live version having 4X as many online and causing a different stress on everything.

SaVaGe