Author Topic: The One Rock Concert you enjoyed above all others  (Read 1132 times)

Offline unix

• Zinc Member
      • http://www-bd.fnal.gov/notifyservlet/www?project=outside
The One Rock Concert you enjoyed above all others
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2004, 03:25:35 AM »
Originally posted by Soulyss
The Cramps, at the Filmore, S.F.  on Halloween night.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 03:30:57 AM by unix »

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2004, 05:22:33 AM »
"I think that track needs more cowbell."

Culero's experiences are the ones that I'd most like to revisit.  Oh, and Jester's too.  Damn, that would have been cool.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 05:25:24 AM by DiabloTX »
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2004, 05:59:05 AM »
1992 Megadeth concert at the Pittsburgh Civic Arena. Outstanding light effects.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2004, 07:27:22 AM »
Originally posted by xrtoronto
Another fond memory:

At Exhibition Stadium (no longer standing) on another beautiful summer late evening. Let me set the scene:

a huge stage at the east end of the stadium....on either side of the stage two enormous silk screens of the album cover of Hotel California. As I recall the Eagles came on stage with little fanfare and immediatley broke into the beginning of the title track: 'Hotel California'; near the end of the vocals all of a sudden Joe Walsh takes over playing lead guitar and the place went nuts.
The Eagles are so polished, so slick...the two massive walls of speakers behind the silk screens provided flawless sound reproduction. The weather that day was perfect. The performance could not have been better. A legendary band; A legendary show.

Yep, the Hell Freezes Over tour was amazing
I have never before nor since heared a live performance so perfect.

The Moody Blues at Yankee Stadium in Tampa at night with a full orchestra and heat lightning as a backdrop was a great show too
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2004, 08:11:28 AM »
Originally posted by DiabloTX
"I think that track needs more cowbell."

Culero's experiences are the ones that I'd most like to revisit.  Oh, and Jester's too.  Damn, that would have been cool.

You sure you wanna join the "lucky to still be alive" crowd? :)

culero (amazed to be here)
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2004, 09:37:20 AM »
My first concert ever at age of 15 in August of 1988.  Pink Floyd in the then brand new Palace of Auburn Hills.

However, attending both Pink Floyd shows at the Pontiac Silverdome in July of 1994 (especially the 2nd being the first time they had done DSOTM stem to stern in over 20 years was a treat).

Also have been 6 rows or less twice on seeing Rush.

<>

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2004, 10:07:55 AM »
I was working with a band on the bill for Farm Aid, in Alexandria...
several years back...

Anyway, got to sit on the side of the stage and watch Neil Young and Crazy Horse. Awesome. Literally about 18 feet from them.

Everyone else watched from the bus on sattelite....because we were the only bus that cames stocked with 6 cases of beer :) Everyone else was dry. Even Arlo Guthrie came up and drank beer :)

Link Ray in '97 at First Avenue, Minniapolis..was funny as hell. but man, that guy was over the top. He was opening up for a band called Southern Culture on the Skids, who always put on a hell of a show. I spent about 1 - 1/2 years doing production management / audio for them.

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2004, 10:32:39 AM »
Dirt track date, baby!  I still listen to Southern Culture on the Skids.

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2004, 11:09:11 AM »
When I was in high school I was at a Led Zep concert with my brother, we shared a joint with an Andy frain usher, I sat there stoned thinking, "This guy is getting paid to be here" I turned to my brother and said, We need jobs :)

Worked at the coliseum, (Black Hawks old home), The auditorium, The Backyards, Comiskey Park, Ravinia, Sportsman's park, all the concert venues in the Chicago area, from 1971 to about 1979
worked the "Goon" squad, always right in front of the stage, with ear plugs and a leaded 6 battery flashlight to convine people they should not be trying to climb over me to get on the stage:)
Couldn't tell you what concert was my favorite, but 6 feet from Zep, Jethro Tull, Alice Cooper, Metallica, Eric, Cat Stevens, AC/DC, too many to remember, was quite the experience, and I love telling people - Oh yeah, I was at that concert, made about 50 bucks to go :)

NwBie
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2004, 07:50:17 PM »
Originally posted by Lizking
Dirt track date, baby!  I still listen to Southern Culture on the Skids.

Hehehe, they are way kewl :)

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline -MZ-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2004, 08:27:17 PM »

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2004, 09:00:49 PM »
Guns N Roses  Dallas,Tx  1991