Author Topic: Vote for us, we're going to raise your taxes.  (Read 3780 times)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Vote for us, we're going to raise your taxes.
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2004, 10:43:54 AM »
Do y'all just use this BBS to pound home your deeply held views? Is that what it is? Is it about being right? Is it about proving something to others? Changing minds?

It gets incredibly repetitive and it's shrecking boring man.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2004, 10:53:49 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
Plus, after reading the rest of the thread since, it's clear there's no need for me to jump in. Looks to me like the smarts and strong, brawny strength of Mietla and Holden are triumphing against minimal opposition.

Holden (once again) was about the only guy that got it.

Taxes as a form of protection against cavemen? Oh man... But what's the reply? Blah blah blah blah same 'ol ***** ya've said 1000's times YAWN.

"You did lots better with your shoot 'em on sight, my irrational fear of mountain lions controls my trigger finger because they're eating North America thread."

Ya win some ya lose some.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2004, 10:56:14 AM »
The thread subject is usually a good indicator of content Nash. Cliche it may be but true nonetheless, don't want to read it, don't.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2004, 10:59:52 AM »
Just have a little fun s'all I'm saying. Show some creativity. Live a little. You don't always have to be right and nobody will hurt you if you go out on a limb from time to time.

Lets face it, everything that's ever gonna be said on this BBS has already been said.

I should post a link to a 2yr old thread. People could respond with links to other threads.

It would make complete sense. Cuz it's all been done to death.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2004, 11:39:13 AM »
Originally posted by Nash
Just have a little fun s'all I'm saying. Show some creativity. Live a little. You don't always have to be right and nobody will hurt you if you go out on a limb from time to time.

Lets face it, everything that's ever gonna be said on this BBS has already been said.

I should post a link to a 2yr old thread. People could respond with links to other threads.

It would make complete sense. Cuz it's all been done to death.

OK, here's something that's fun. Haven't tried the registered version yet.

http://eaglelander3d.com/

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2004, 01:24:25 PM »
Yeah, we should all try to be someone we aren't.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2004, 01:28:16 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler

Sadly, those already dependent upon government hand-outs, who have little hope, will continue to buy the myth of Democrats as latter-day Robin Hoods.  

Robin Hood robbed the government officials and tax collectors, and then returned the money to the taxpayers oppressed by an arbitrary and excessive taxation.

Robin Hood was a tax cutter, far from a democrat.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2004, 01:41:17 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Yeah, we should all try to be someone we aren't.

Absolutely. Even for only a day.

In fact... if I thought it would be possible I would suggest some kind of "Opposite Day" on the BBS. Pick a day, and for that one day on this BBS we're only allowed to say and argue for things that are completely opposite to what you would originally.

Mietla arguing for more taxation. Gsholz pointing out the merits of the Iraq invasion. SOB advocating for a more decent and spiritual society. Lazs on gun control. Etc. I think the result would be pretty neat. Both cute AND fund. Entertaining at the very least.

But alas... openning up the BBS window nowadays is akin to hittin' the play button and watching the tape run.

ps... AKIron - Cool game, thanks! I can't control the damn thing though... no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2004, 01:44:32 PM »
" alas... openning up the BBS window nowadays is akin to hittin' the play button and watching the tape run."

Definately.  And sadly, even your avatar seems to have developed a skip. Or she sprained her right ankle.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2004, 01:46:31 PM »
It's so easy to do, isn't it?

In order to intelligently argue one side of an issue you have to be somewhat versed in the other side.

Anyway, enough seriousness. I shall go back to emulating some famous thread hijackers and pot-stirrers here.

:p
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2004, 05:13:50 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
ps... AKIron - Cool game, thanks! I can't control the damn thing though... no idea what I'm doing wrong.

It is cool isn't it. I can land it on auto and can control motion about some of the axes but haven't landed on manual yet. Just found it today.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2004, 06:23:52 PM »
Are you using a joystick or the keyboard?

When I try and use the stick, and even though the set-up shows it functioning normally, the lander spins widly out of control.

When I try the keys, it doesn't seem to respond to any control inputs. I've tried the game about a billion times now w/o luck... but I gotta figure it out.