Author Topic: Ah2 Dweebs "The new breed"  (Read 1220 times)

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Ah2 Dweebs "The new breed"
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2004, 02:19:54 PM »
Oh, I see. So it is the 110's fault that you didn't see him comming with a ton of E and didn't get out of his way. Ok.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2004, 02:24:52 PM »
Originally posted by Sikboy
guys who face-shoot me with a 37mm elephant gun ;)

Originally posted by Goth
Chest pounding La7 pilots. I mean come on...it's a La7.

What about La-7 pilots who try to HO Bf110s?  All I was doing was killing GVs (poorly, I might add) and some grandma in an La-7 just BEGGED me to use those 30mm cannons on him...it's not like I ENJOYED it or anything :D
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2004, 02:50:09 PM »
Originally posted by Adogg
that's the trouble when giving head to Yaks. :D

Absolutely lol. My first thought was "did we collide?" lol. I'm such a handsomehunk.

Anyhow, I've seen this a few times and I don't think it's what steve is talking about:

I line up on a plane (both spits in my case) and as I get to about D500, they make a sharp manuver (up and to the left or right) and start spinning. The guys spin all the way to the deck, then pull out and try to fly away.

Now, it could just be that these guys just happened to see me up close and personal, and they just yanked the stick too hard and went into an accelerated stall, and were then unable to get out of the ensuing spin until they were under 2k. In fact, as people get used to the new stalls, this could easily be the case. But it was amazing how long they were just spinning. I made a pass, got a ping or two. Made another pass and missed, all before they pulled out at the bottom. Once they were on the deck it was easy enough to get the kill, but it was a long time coming lol.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Hyrax81st

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2004, 02:57:16 PM »
As has been pointed out in another thread, some of these spin/stalls are problems with the plane (P38) or pilots not used to tougher model. When a P38 power stalls and flat spins from 10K alt to the ground - I don't think the pilot was trying to get away...

.... somethin's wrong.

I see a lot more cannon planes flying in AH2 because gunnery is tougher (I suppose). I also see a lot more cherry picking for the same reason (I suppose). Hard to find fights where 6 or 7 enemy planes don't bounce you when you're already dueling 1 or 2.

Is it that much tougher to get a kill in AH2 ?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 02:59:39 PM by Hyrax81st »

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2004, 03:07:34 PM »
With the new burn rate, 190's are a pretty good option. I'd rather fly a 190 with full fuel than a spit with full fuel. In the first few days, it didn't seem to matter as everything was furballing. Now its back to the vast hoard travelling 3 sectors. Something fast with a lot of gas seems like a good plane.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 03:10:32 PM by TweetyBird »

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2004, 03:23:21 PM »
My peeve is the guys who fly the turning planes (zekes, spit5's, fm2's, etc) at a max altitude of 200ft.

I mean, come on! I gotta blow 24,800ft just to watch you turn out of my way?

Then I gotta climb, extend, reverse and do it all over again?

What a waste of time!

You guys gotta learn to fly higher, straighter and quit checking your six o'clock so often!
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2004, 05:16:56 PM »
Originally posted by Hyrax81st
As has been pointed out in another thread, some of these spin/stalls are problems with the plane (P38) or pilots not used to tougher model. When a P38 power stalls and flat spins from 10K alt to the ground - I don't think the pilot was trying to get away...

.... somethin's wrong.

Yes, something is wrong ... with the pilot. Anyone who can't recover a P-38 from a flat spin at 10,000 feet without losing more than 3,000 feet needs to learn more about spin recovery.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Sundowner

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2004, 05:33:06 PM »
quote:
==============================================
Simshell has been reported to PETA. Let's see who takes a poop now

PETA?

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals
Freedom implies risk. Less freedom implies more risk.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2004, 05:43:55 PM »
#3 is mine...Bob and waeve and dodge to have some guy HO you when your very outnumbered.  I hate it.:(
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2004, 05:50:19 PM »
Found a new fun thing
up a 190 a-8 with the rockets. HO dweeb starts comming at ya wait till 2.0-1.5 out fire rockets. BIG puffy ack kills em. comence the whines:D
Life is good
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2004, 06:03:48 PM »
Originally posted by Blooz
My peeve is the guys who fly the turning planes (zekes, spit5's, fm2's, etc) at a max altitude of 200ft.

I mean, come on! I gotta blow 24,800ft just to watch you turn out of my way?

Then I gotta climb, extend, reverse and do it all over again?

What a waste of time!

You guys gotta learn to fly higher, straighter and quit checking your six o'clock so often!

Only a rook.....

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2004, 06:06:53 PM »
Originally posted by WilldCrd
Found a new fun thing
up a 190 a-8 with the rockets. HO dweeb starts comming at ya wait till 2.0-1.5 out fire rockets. BIG puffy ack kills em. comence the whines:D
Life is good

I tried and tried and couldn't get the rockets to work, they wouldn't explode. 2.0 k out you say? Do they explode when they sense the aircraft or at a preset distance?

I fired them at a bomber formations 6 from about 1.0 out, nothing. :(

Offline Hyrax81st

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2004, 06:48:18 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Yes, something is wrong ... with the pilot. Anyone who can't recover a P-38 from a flat spin at 10,000 feet without losing more than 3,000 feet needs to learn more about spin recovery.

Yes, something is wrong.... but more about spin recovery under the new model in AH2 and with the "other" things going on with the 38. I don't think you can blame it on the sudden incompetence of a pilot (who has been flying the 38 for over a year in AH1).

Never-the-less... I'll defer to your expert P-38 and spin recovery expertise and let you talk to others about the 38 who are the regular fliers. The reason I brought it up is because it's quite unusual that regular 38 pilots would have sudden problems with its characterstics - but apparently not that unusual with the current patch...

Have a good day.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 06:50:58 PM by Hyrax81st »

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Re: Ah2 Dweebs "The new breed"
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2004, 07:17:40 PM »
you MUST be talking about me:(  I'm doing pretty well in the 110 sofar. I always take a 110 to a furball, they really are great turners.

NUTTZ

Originally posted by jaxxo
Ah2 is a great game, I love it. HOWEVER....what are the most annoying things people do in your opinion. I'm not talking about strategy wise...just individuals. (Little venting is good for everyone)

My basic list:

1. A bf110 screaming into the furball canons blazing...gets two kills without having to manuever...auger's or gets whacked shortly thereafter...up's and repeats.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2004, 07:21:58 PM »
Originally posted by Hyrax81st
Yes, something is wrong.... but more about spin recovery under the new model in AH2 and with the "other" things going on with the 38. I don't think you can blame it on the sudden incompetence of a pilot (who has been flying the 38 for over a year in AH1).

Never-the-less... I'll defer to your expert P-38 and spin recovery expertise and let you talk to others about the 38 who are the regular fliers. The reason I brought it up is because it's quite unusual that regular 38 pilots would have sudden problems with its characterstics - but apparently not that unusual with the current patch...

Have a good day.

I'm no P-38 expert, however I have no problems with flying it. I just tested the P-38 to see if the FM had been changed since I tested it last. Immediately after take-off I do a loop, then I fly at 55 mph while keeping the P-38 in controlled level flight (was this possible in R/L?), then I climb to about 7k and do a couple of spins. The first spin is induced by violent elevator and rudder input. Stalling the P-38 in an extreme nose-up situation while using violent elevator and rudder input induces the second spin. Both spins are easily recovered. I have yet to experience a so-called "unrecoverable spin" in any aircraft in both AH and AHII.

Here's the AHII film. Use the AHII film viewer to play it.
http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/245_1088640690_gs-p38.zip

Edit: Oh and have a good day too Sir
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 07:27:50 PM by GScholz »