Author Topic: Buff guns  (Read 335 times)

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
Buff guns
« on: June 30, 2004, 12:01:37 AM »
I know I posted in another thread that I didn't think anything had really changed with the calibration on the bomber guns but something is very different in the lethality.

This evening, I had several fighters close in very fast and basically camp on my six at 200-400 yards and I was virtually helpless to do anything except wait to bail.  I sure wasn't able to damage him.  I honestly feel I have a better shot at killing a fighter at 800-1100 yards (buff gun convergence area) than I do at 200-400 now.

I even did this in a fighter to an enemy set of B26s.  I could hear a few pings now and then as I lazily scissored back and forth across his formation at less than 400 (I was down to MGs in a G10).  A country mate even asked how in the world did I survive sitting back there.

Was this intentional and I missed it in the change notes?  

:confused:

(not cancelling my account, threatening to cancel my account, or asking for refunds... just honestly curious):D
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline SKDenny

• Zinc Member
      • http://216.12.31.149
Buff guns
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 03:15:46 PM »
In other words how to kill a bomber, come in low, when under 800 yards climb up on the tail of the bomber. Ride there and slowy kill the bomber. You are quite safe from gunner bullets.

Come on HT you took away our turning ability and limit us to one gunner. Then you make it so the Drone bombers don't align up on the target with the main bomber gun. So to all fighter pilots when you see an enemy bomber formation there are 3 easy kills for you.
SKPappy

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
Buff guns
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 03:47:25 PM »
Forget it Alpo...... I e mailed skuzzy about it i believe but could be wrong he was upset told me to post in here,have posted twice in here i admit to being upset a little after all it is only a game BUT I did give names and examples and ranges etc.... not a peep from them no well look at it  or well see in 2 months  or even a get lost which would be better than nothing.I guess this has become a game for fighters and the rest of us from cv to gv to bombers are an after thought. Still would like an explaination about festers 1200 yard kills.
, all three 26s all the time with a few rounds or why i can light up aka at 3oo yards but when he shoots all three bombers go boom.....and no as i said before it probaly isnt cheating and dont really care if it is BECAUSE I JUST WANT MY BULLETS TO DO SOMETHING EVEN IF IT IS JUST PUTTING HOLES IN PANCAKES.  OH by the way frame rate was 53 when all this happened.

Offline MaddogWx

• Copper Member
Buff guns
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 06:25:52 PM »
Isn't max range on convergence for bombers 650?  I start shooting at 600 and have some luck shooting down fighters.  Like you say though, once a fighter gets real close you are defense-less.  

I also agree keeping drones on take-off is too hard now.  Why is it set up that way...the drone pilots get scared and can't find their way?

I also miss the big kill messages when bombing factories and HQ.  Now you have killed a field gun(or whatever the gun kill message is), WOW!

I actually finished this last tour as the #2 ranked bomber and was having fun...AHII is less fun for me in bombers.

As far as fighters go I like AHII better.  It is fun to deal with reduced range/fuel and plan for that, and gunnery is about the same to me.

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
Buff guns
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2004, 07:11:36 PM »
Can't be the same everytime. If I get hit by one ping from a buff my oil, rad, pilot, or engine will take a critical hit.