Author Topic: Disregard Ditch Druthers  (Read 401 times)

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Disregard Ditch Druthers
« on: July 05, 2004, 09:52:22 PM »
This was a complaint about a guy getting credit for a kill after I successfully ditched in enemy territory after running out of fuel, not because of a damaged flap.

Could be amazing thread upon which the success of Aces High II would depend.  I don't THINK so ...  

After posting decided heck with it and tried to delete it, but system wouldn't let me.  

Whattodowhattodowhattodo?  Eureka!  I erased all the text.  Left the thread with just the sig block.  But ... too weird to leave it like that.  

And now you're reading this hoping for another gem thread evoking hundreds of responses and thousands of perusals.  

Well, maybe.  It's up to you.  Tag, you're it.  You got the baton.   You've always wanted to hijack a thread.  Do it.  Now.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 10:31:34 PM by Halo »
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
Ditching Not a Kill
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 11:01:45 PM »
$5 says it turns into a flamefest. :)

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
Ditching Not a Kill
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 01:49:29 PM »
If you are hit and ditch your plane then that's a kill for the other guy. If you were not hit by anyone and ditch that shouldn't be a kill to anyone. I'm not sure how the "proximity kill" thing works here though.

My peeve is that when you are hit and ditch and are captured you rack up a death in your stats but if you are hit and ditch successfully you don't. Neither of these should result in a death being recorded.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Ditching Not a Kill
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 10:13:30 PM »
Well, everything is relative (profound, huh?).  Theoretically could get one .303 slug in the tail, run out of fuel, brilliantly evade pursuers, ditch, and ... count as a kill?  

Same problem as proximity kills, I guess.  And the game is weighted to give people kills with the benefit of the doubt.  

Used to think the Supreme Court decisions were close at 5-4, but Aces High jurors have just as close a division of opinion on many things.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Ditching Not a Kill
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2004, 03:12:02 PM »
From the AH2 Bug Reports forum (C-202/205):

(quote)

You do not get a kill for a ditch.
You get a kill for a capture.

Difference between the 2 is if in enemy or friendly territory.

HiTech

(unquote)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 03:45:23 PM by Halo »

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
Ditching Not a Kill
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2004, 03:40:49 PM »
If the target you hit ditches, you should get a kill regardless of who's territory he ditched in.

If you didn't get a hit on him then there should be no kill awarded.

In the stats, you should not get a death tallied to you if you actually live through a ditching attempt wether you are captured or not or at least make it so that if you ditch and are captured that will tally a death in your stats not if you ditch successfully.

Just my way of thinkin'
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
Ditching Not a Kill
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2004, 04:32:33 PM »
Originally posted by Blooz
My peeve is that when you are hit and ditch and are captured you rack up a death in your stats but if you are hit and ditch successfully you don't. Neither of these should result in a death being recorded.

Your pilot was captured, so he might as well of died in combat because in reallity he would be in some prison camp eating grool till the war was over.

Unless you managed to get liberated or pull a great escape.

Though seeing as there are no prison camps in AH, your pilot is proburly shot dead on sight.