Author Topic: Need help with AH2 film  (Read 460 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Need help with AH2 film
« on: July 10, 2004, 05:56:30 PM »
Okay I happened to get a demo of a kick-ass sortie in a late '44 Soviets vs Luftwaffe HTH arena. It was the best I've ever recorded, I have to say. It's about 8 minutes, but to me none of it is dull. I take out 3 JU-88s and then a 109 with a YakT (1.06 fuel burn, I think, and 1x ammo, no external views, it was wonderful!).

But then I was thinking "I'll make this into a film!" and tried something with the "capture" command. I ruined it!!! ARGH I was *trying* to capture external views of the bombers as I attacked them. The problem was, as I played it back it got ALL screwed up..

I don't think it likes you putting the camera on OTHER planes when playing back demos with captured views.

Anyways... I screwed up, but easy enough to fix, because I have no internal views, and most of it was looking straight ahead.

The problem is I tried to "remove" the 3d chase view I had accidentally put in there. By timing it JUST right I got it to go back to internal view the second it goes external. I just recaptured more data. But I still have that split second of a blink of an external view. I think it detracts. Are there any other ways to get rid of this?

help MUCH appreciated.

Oh, and if I were to make a movie of it, what res would be best? I made a avi of it at 320 and it looks like crap.

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
Need help with AH2 film
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2004, 08:16:51 PM »
I dunno.  But, it sounds like it's going to be a good film.  :)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Need help with AH2 film
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004, 01:34:23 PM »
Does anybody know how to get rid of the "blink" where it goes 3rd person then back?

I also noticed that about a minute's worth is messed up outside of this blink. It's all in one localized part of the AH2 film file, but it's very annoying.

Is there a way to "edit" the file? Open up in a hex editor, or something, where I can just remove ALL the offending view keys at their certain times? I would very much love to find out if this is possible.

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
Need help with AH2 film
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2004, 02:36:09 PM »
Check the box that says ignore recorded views... see if that helps..

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Need help with AH2 film
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2004, 03:16:14 PM »
No I don't think that works.

1) It only works on view direction.

2) Even with that in place I don't know if it will affect F1/F3 views

3) It doesn't capture this button and remove the previous key strokes. So I couldn't use it to remove the "blink" to F3 and back.

I don't know about #2, but I tried this on #3

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
Need help with AH2 film
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2004, 10:10:19 PM »
What do you mean by "Blink"?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Need help with AH2 film
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2004, 11:29:40 AM »
It "blinks" from F1 to F3 and then right back. Very short, but still visible.