Author Topic: Luftwaffe air to air rockets  (Read 942 times)

Offline Misfit

• Nickel Member
Luftwaffe air to air rockets
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2004, 06:10:05 PM »
BGB
Hope you didnt pay full price for your version of "Hooked on Phonics". If ya did you got robbed:eek:

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2004, 07:58:00 PM »
Played around with these for a few hours in the DA a while back.  

We found two methods that worked "ok".

1.  Dead 6 approach, aim a good ways above the bombers, fire at d1.2-d1.4.  Yes, in other words you'll have been under fire from .50s for a while already.  Depending on how much speed advantage you have over the bombers, you want to be farther away.  I think with the bombers and fighter both doing 250 we were firing at 1.4 and the rockets would blow up and damage the bombers.  They only kill on a direct hit though, but if they do hit directly sometimes the explosion will kill 2 or all 3 of the bombers.

2.  12 approach, aim above the bombers and fire at d3.0 to d2.5, depending on how fast you are closing.  We didn't have as much luck with this approach, but it is possible to score hits this way.  

Approaching from other angles is very hard.

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2004, 03:39:13 AM »
One time i was defending a base with my old squad in my BF110 i had the 4 rockets on and a group of lancs was diving in on the field at around 2.0 out i fired ever rocket higher then the other one right before they got into guns range 2 of the 3 just blew up and i got the kill on both of them without firing any guns just my rockets  and the lancs were being fired open by squad members behide the lancs
known as Arctic in the main

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2004, 03:40:10 AM »
One time i was defending a base with my old squad in my BF110 i had the 4 rockets on and a group of lancs was diving in on the field at around 2.0 out i fired ever rocket higher then the other one right before they got into guns range 2 of the 3 just blew up and i got the kill on both of them without firing any guns just my rockets  and the lancs were being fired at by my squad members behide the lancs
known as Arctic in the main

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2004, 06:27:52 PM »
Originally posted by Misfit
BGB
Hope you didnt pay full price for your version of "Hooked on Phonics". If ya did you got robbed:eek:

Misfit, you can tell he lives in/near Humboldt County.....

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2004, 01:48:04 PM »
Only ever got 1 A2A rock kill.I was rushing to a squadies aid, I think it was Shamus,and a 51 got him before I got there.He turned to me from 5 or so k out and bored in.I rippled off the rocks to get light and low and behold at around 1.5 k he just sploded.I aimed em high but didnt expect to hit him,just startle his ass:lol   I guess that startled him enough.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.