Author Topic: Blood stuff  (Read 206 times)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Blood stuff
« on: July 09, 2004, 10:25:26 AM »
I remember this game called carmageddon? (spelling) where blood would suddenly happen and folk and animals were instantly converted into various forms of gore................

I dont have a problem with blood.........just a bunch of red pixels and stuff.........but apparantly we are to believe that some sort of  pilot injury switch occurrs that sprays it once (very quickly) over the cockpit window (whilst missing most else in the cockpit) after which no more blood issues forth. Leaving the pilot to manage his pain as best he can.

Would not a gradually growing pool of the red stuff on the cockpit floor be a little more realistic?
Ludere Vincere

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Blood stuff
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 10:50:45 AM »
I don't know about you Tilt, but I have been equipped with self-sealing blood vessels. I blackout only due to the pain of the injury because I keep forgetting to bring a bottle of percocets with me.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
Blood stuff
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 09:35:11 PM »
Blood sprays from impact of bullet not pumping of heart. :rolleyes: tho i guess we could see it spilling onto chair and floor boards, but its not necassary i dont think. Its there to tell us were hit, alot better than having to pull up damage bar.

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
Blood stuff
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 10:29:41 PM »
Blood did not just happen in Carmaggeddon.

First you had to run down the helpless pedestrians!  

Extra points of course if you did something artictic, like yank the handbrake and slide sideways through an intersection taking out 3 or 4 people with one shot then burn out on their bodies.  

Total body count in that game was in the neighorhood of 37,000 people killed....at the time it set a record as bloodiest game ever (anyone know of a game since then with more dead people?)

J_A_B