Author Topic: tank reload sounds  (Read 1119 times)

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
tank reload sounds
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2004, 06:28:28 PM »
Thank you:D

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
tank reload sounds
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2004, 07:42:18 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
I Agree you shouldn't hear the reload, but at time of the writeing were both in the same sound file. Wasn't worth holding a release patch of for spliting the sounds.

Today I seperated the fire, and reload piece of the sounds, so in the next patch you will only here the Fire sound externaly.

HiTech
does this mean our old mitsu sounds with the full operation wont work right?

meaning will the patch not overwrite what sounds we allready have?

if i keep the mitsu sound and somone fires a tank below my plane i will still hear the reload since it's built into the sound.

or is it possible that if the sound file is too long in time the game will mute the rest of the sound?

hard to type out and explain but i think you know what i mean.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
tank reload sounds
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2004, 07:53:00 PM »
If i get what you're saying, I think* you could use just about any sound editor/recorder to separate the sounds at a good spot, then figure out what to name them by going through the sounds folder, and making the applicable changes. At least, back in AH1, I pulled sounds from other games and stuff I found on the 'net, then cut/looped/mixed them to get the effect I wanted in AH. Assuming* HT doesn't make any major changes to sounds overall, it should still be pretty simple to do.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 08:01:02 PM by hubsonfire »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech