Author Topic: Best flight sticks?  (Read 364 times)

Offline Badfish1

• Zinc Member
Best flight sticks?
« on: July 16, 2004, 10:27:36 AM »
What flight sticks does everyone use/recommend. Are the force feedback sticks worth the money?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2004, 12:03:41 PM by Badfish1 »

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
Force feedback sticks?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 12:43:27 PM »
Avoid the Logitech Wingman FF twisty stick.

I hate it. Can't wait for it to break so I can get something else.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Force feedback sticks?
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2004, 12:03:07 PM »
I really enjoy my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro twisty stick (does NOT have force feedback).  Tried a force feedback stick awhile ago and promptly got rid of it.    

Some people like rudder pedals (slide or tilt) and some like a second throttle control joystick.

Like the rest of your computer, joystick depends on your individual style.  Try to find a couple stores with good control selections so you better know what's available.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Force feedback sticks?
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2004, 02:01:48 PM »
I love my Microsoft FF2.  It gives me great input not only about the stall but also the energy state of my A/C throughout a manuver.  

I have the trim forces turned up and the trim is adjustable through my CHpro Throttle.  Between the two it is very easy to keep my plane in trim.  I wouldn't fly without FF.

Crumpp

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Force feedback sticks?
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2004, 04:03:09 PM »
CH Force FX here and I like it. Just wondering where I go when Murphies Law steps in because they don't make it anymore.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54