Author Topic: The dirty little secret  (Read 2431 times)

Offline ZZ3

• Zinc Member
The dirty little secret
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2004, 10:26:54 AM »
Originally posted by BUG_EAF322
Ah2 is at least as playable as AH1

quitters are losers

Not much of a stretch when you have a system like that.
Seems moot you even chiming in...

Offline Paxil

• Copper Member
      • http://marathontoathens.blogspot.com
The dirty little secret
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2004, 10:40:57 AM »
No stutters or CTD here.

Actually... DOH! I do have stutters when running a debug version of DirectX. =)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
The dirty little secret
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2004, 12:01:59 PM »
Originally posted by ZZ3
Not much of a stretch when you have a system like that.
Seems moot you even chiming in...

LOL how are you any worse off?
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
The dirty little secret
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2004, 04:09:55 PM »
Windows ME
1.1 Ghz AMD Athlon
384 MB RAM
GeForce Ti200 – 64 MB
Crappy Sound Blaster Live

Running 6 processes at startup…

Default video settings that AHII set with screen at 1280.

I get about 30-50 Fps and have had few problems above what AH I had in heavy traffic.

I used this link to kill a lot of my startup’s with msconfig.  Helped me find a few spyware programs that were running as well:

Windows Startup's

Based on my system it really does sound like your problems are configuration or management.

Offline Polaris

• Zinc Member
The dirty little secret
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2004, 04:53:05 PM »
The only real "problem" I've noticed is the FREAKIN WARPING!!

Other than that, the game runs damn well on my PC.  Gets a tad choppy when the furballs get dicey.   Usually I'll just Shift+F2 and the framerate jumps right back.

P4 2.8gHz
nVidia GeForce 5200 FX
512 MB RAM
Windows XP Professional

Offline mojo55

• Zinc Member
The dirty little secret
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2004, 04:56:40 PM »
I must admit I had ctd's, but not any in the last two weeks.
No stutters, but once an awhile I get a mini freeze on a close merge.
I have 32 processes running.
Using a dell 3.0 8300, nvidea 128 5700 & 512 megs of ram.

The game is much better than AH1
Saving my beer money for CH fighter stick & rudder set-up.

Rock on HT :aok

AmReo

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
The dirty little secret
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2004, 04:59:18 PM »
Win ME
2500+ AMD
512M Ram
Built in Sound card
GF4 MX

No shutters, no CTD, 60-100 FPS, and run better and faster then AH1.

The dirty little secret is people who are not having problems are not *****ing about it.

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
The dirty little secret
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2004, 05:08:52 PM »
my 2 cents worth..

this last week has been the worst, i think at has to do with patch 5. say i go into 26 ,1st **** pit is all white than surrounding is brown and instruments pop up 1 at a time from white to brown.
 Tracking plane with field gun or turret gun the guns will
 stop and go on arch.
 frame rate in tower was 45, frame rate would bounce from 30 to 135 depending in flight.Now frame rate in tower is from 18 t0 35. in flight 15 to80 mostly low now.
   Now all sudden ctd I mean i am flying ,next thing am at blue page at home, ah2 no where in site. ctd??
 i am shot down, all 3 bombers ,from 1800 to 1200 yards.
 havent played much last 3 days  my take many more complain on radio than not,help??

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
The dirty little secret
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2004, 05:52:41 PM »
Demaw if your getting framerate changes like that you got something running in the background that you don't know about. Prolly a few things. Updaters, tracking software etc.

Check it out.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
The dirty little secret
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2004, 06:01:59 PM »
Originally posted by Zippatuh
Windows ME
1.1 Ghz AMD Athlon
384 MB RAM
GeForce Ti200 – 64 MB
Crappy Sound Blaster Live

Running 6 processes at startup…

Default video settings that AHII set with screen at 1280.

I get about 30-50 Fps and have had few problems above what AH I had in heavy traffic.

Based on my system it really does sound like your problems are configuration or management.

That's lean and mean. I downloaded the trial Zipp and checked out my startup. Lean and mean. If Zip is doing it with an older system, it can be done. You'd be surprised at the amount of crap that get's into the toybox.

Didn't have to worry about it in AH until the new release. "Just put all that crap over there....there's room.."

Tain't room no more. WBIII had great nashing of teeth along the same lines until people got up to speed and emptied their boxes of crap.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
Dirty little secret
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2004, 06:08:49 PM »
oops my bad I thought this was a thread exposing SKUZZY as also being Mr. Black:D
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Re: Dirty little secret
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2004, 06:14:04 PM »
Originally posted by WilldCrd
oops my bad I thought this was a thread exposing SKUZZY as also being Mr. Black:D

Hmmmmm interesting theory. Would it be possible for him to smoke a brisket while in his camos in a treetop? lol
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Jayclark

• Copper Member
The dirty little secret
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2004, 06:17:14 PM »
Patch 5 was plain crap for me dropped frames 10-15 fps. Not to mention worse studders. Wish I could of stuck with patch 3 no issues at all ran better than AH. But I figure what ever it is temporary and will be fine with the next patch.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
The dirty little secret
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2004, 06:29:22 PM »
Thats about right. Cant say 500 a night arent having problems. Its just that many many of us that that are having problems are playing through the CTD's  Framerate issues of all sorts, stutters, And vanishing and reappearing aircraft anyway. Myself included experiancing all of these on a pretty regular basis.
We play with what must be a handicap especially when we get to go against people without these problems and we live with them sometimes with great frustration or anger.
Some complain incessently about them others just either bite their tongues or simply post the probs in bug reports and wait silently and patiently and some not so patiently
In hope that a remedy will be found soon
But we are here

Originally posted by Jackal1
Well........ I know your a cool guy and very helpfull and all that, but saying 500 people a night with no problem is sorta stretching it. On another thread it was stated that the "minority" was having problems.  From what I`ve seen and by indications of what is being said in game, I would say the majority is having problems of one kind or another.
  On one hand it`s not very accurate to do the post thingy claiming the sky is falling and proclaiming HTC as the "Antigamer" as told by prophecy , but on the other hand it`s not accurate to claim it`s the player`s  error when they can run everything but AHII without a glitch, especialy if the player`s system is up to , or above par.
  The fact is Dale, Pyro and crew realizes there is a prob and has stated so. Their also working very hard to find and cure this problem.
  I think the best approach and most productive route for us is to watch the 'Bug Reports" and "Annoucement" sections for any developments and to report any info that is requested that might be helpfull in getting this worked out.
  It will all come out in the wash. :D
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
The dirty little secret
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2004, 06:48:10 PM »
I haven't been able to get into AH2 for almost a month.

P3 800Mhz
XP Home
GeForce 3 64MB Ti200
384RAM

I freeze up upon hitting the ok buttin on the Password screen.  I played AH2 beta without a hitch, with my ZoneAlarmPro 4 ON, I've turned it off.  Still nothing but a lockup that needs to rebooted.  Dunno.  It sucks not being able to shoot some of you down, and get shot down.

<>

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC