Author Topic: Ct  (Read 1981 times)

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Ct
« on: July 12, 2004, 04:31:13 PM »
ok whats up with the uncontrollable stalls in the CT. in all the german planes i have flown when im doin 150 or less and try to turn i go into an uncontrollable stall like in the TA in AHI and most the time i cant recover and crash. and theres no perks. i went to a base today in some JU-88s and leveled 3/4 the town and land but no perks givin. i know theres no use for perks in this setup but when we get a setup with some perked planes id like to have some perk points to use them.

Offline 1Duke1

• Silver Member
Ct
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 05:43:49 PM »
The stall thing sounds like the wind setting might be hosed.
Duke

Offline Dogsta04

• Zinc Member
      • http://http://www.geocities.com/no800sqdn/index.html
Ct
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 07:12:28 PM »
it only affects the LW rides?

I dont think its the wind, the LW rides in all of AH2 seem to have taken a hit. They are now mostly unflyable, and definatley unfightable. I really hate to whine, and I hate being a lameduck in a barrel. during Beta, the FM's of the LW were awesome, they flew and acted just as I had read about them. since AH2 going live the FM's were *perception* scraped, and now they have developed very nasty tendencies. Dont believe me though, please go out and up any of the 109's and try to keep it up in the air at 125 - 200 range during manuvers. Maybe its all of our controllers that are all out of wack at once? but almost everyone who regularly flies our birds has mentioned these things.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
Ct
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 07:14:05 PM »
i manage to have good fights in the Ma and CT in Lw planes all the time.  But i alwauys die.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Ct
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 07:41:07 PM »
For those of you that are unable to fly Lw aircraft in AHII, I refer you to BigMax. It appears that he does not see this problem and can still down a spit in about six turns :( ....oh wait, I forgot, I just suck at dogfighting though!!

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
Ct
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2004, 08:57:19 PM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk
For those of you that are unable to fly Lw aircraft in AHII, I refer you to BigMax. It appears that he does not see this problem and can still down a spit in about six turns :( ....oh wait, I forgot, I just suck at dogfighting though!!
bigmax is undoubtly one of the top ten pilots in AH.  Along with Fester, Wldthing, and a few others.(shane included)
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Ct
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2004, 09:03:56 PM »
I havent noticed any problems with the LW rides, but I did see folks comenting on the stalls who are not regular complainers so there might something to it.

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Ct
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2004, 09:29:44 PM »
iv only noticed this stall crap in the CT and ONLY with LW planes i took some yaks up the otherdfay and they flew great.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Ct
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2004, 09:36:04 PM »
Originally posted by Dogsta04
it only affects the LW rides?

I dont think its the wind, the LW rides in all of AH2 seem to have taken a hit. They are now mostly unflyable, and definatley unfightable. I really hate to whine, and I hate being a lameduck in a barrel. during Beta, the FM's of the LW were awesome, they flew and acted just as I had read about them. since AH2 going live the FM's were *perception* scraped, and now they have developed very nasty tendencies. Dont believe me though, please go out and up any of the 109's and try to keep it up in the air at 125 - 200 range during manuvers. Maybe its all of our controllers that are all out of wack at once? but almost everyone who regularly flies our birds has mentioned these things.

I've flown the 109G-2 with gondolas against Yaks and LA-5s.  Several times I've gone round and round, lap after lap.  Some could just barely turn thier Yaks inside my 109, but it didn't show for a few laps.  I've only experienced one flat spin stall in AH-II in any type of ride.  I think the German planes handel pretty much like they did in AH-I and are very competitive.

eskimo

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
Ct
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2004, 10:19:15 PM »
Yeah, I've noticed g10 doesn't turn like it used to. :confused:
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.

Offline Mike_2851

• Copper Member
Ct
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2004, 10:39:02 PM »
Well I have to put my .02 in here as well. I never flew the betas until the end of AHI was announced (somewhere around beta 35-I think). I have really had no problem to date that could not be easily fixed or explained. My framerates are pretty low, but I'm pretty sure that's my system-but the game is (was) still playable.

In the current CT setup I find the LW planes (only ones I tried) basically unflyable because of the uncontrolable stalls. This is not a whine or a threat to provoke response-but just reality-$15.00 a month is not that big of a deal-but this problem is so bad that I really have to consider what am I getting out of my $15.00.

I understand the patience to allow a game to get the bugs worked out-but if I'm unable to play, and unable to have fun in a game I truly enjoyed-then I really have to ask myself how much money am I willing to spend on being patient.

Yep I know that if I ultimately decide to cancel my account my $15 is not going to hurt HTC, but if they would examine how many people have been automatically booted because of older systems that can't run AHII-add to that the people that have systematically left because of playability issues-I think HTC would realize that they "might" have made a critical error on the timing of release-But hey that's just my opinion-I could be wrong :D

Offline gear

• Silver Member
Ct
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2004, 10:46:57 PM »
So everyone fly allied and just pork everything.:aok

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Ct
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2004, 10:52:29 PM »
#1 folks need to recalibrate their controls?

#2 FM changes are a fact of life in flight sims.  

#3 AH1 and all the other sims used to be "high end" back when PII 233's were hot machines.  Lets stop pretending this release is somehow different.  Its not.

Nothing is changed. Its the normal progress in gaming, including all the yelling about how "my machine wont run it". Gaming hasnt exploded into a $$$million dollar industry because the designers stuck with wire models playing ping pong.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 11:00:12 PM by Squire »
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
Ct
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2004, 01:30:02 AM »
fork came in a change stall limiter up a bit today.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Ct
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2004, 01:37:56 AM »
what about the perk pionts?