Author Topic: plane flip  (Read 291 times)

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
plane flip
« on: July 11, 2004, 01:19:01 AM »
I don't know if it's a bug in the flight simulation of the game or in the graphics. I had an f6 zoom past me head on. I watched him in the rear view. I continued in a straight line. The plane rotated up and I was getting ready to follow him with my rear upper view but I didn't have to. He did not climb 1 inch. At a 0 degree axis, the plane flipped 180 degrees. It was as if someone grabbed the wings and flipped the plane without moving up or down. At the same time as the flip, the plane's distance did not increase as I was going the opposite direction. It was like watching the new russian fighter with directed control thrust do a cobra manuver and go the opposite direction. I've had similar things happen in other fighters especially la-7's that zoom past me and then get on my 6 without losing any distance from me but this was the most blantent I've seen.

T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline Paxil

• Copper Member
      • http://marathontoathens.blogspot.com
plane flip
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 10:37:35 AM »
LOL... they do this everytime they are in front of me at close range! =)  I guess it is just something to do with the stick inputs being harder to predict, that is, when a plane is going straight for the most part, the updates are easier and smother on your FE, but when they rapidly swirl around, you are catching updates at what... every 1/4 a second or so (guess) so it appears they are flopping and spinning. I hate it, but I am not sure if there is an easy solution. In fact... I'd bet there isn't, or HTC would have already fixed it. =)

Offline Zwerg

• Copper Member
plane flip
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 09:57:40 AM »
I see such things happen when a warp occurs. Followed a F6F flying straight in front of me but showing his right side like in a flat turn (nose slightly up). Then all of a sudden it warped about 1000 yards down to the left. Maybe that's what I see when the F6F suffered a freeze on his end.

Offline HUN

• Copper Member
plane flip
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 10:36:10 AM »
Usually when they do a weird move like that and they seem to be standing still in mid air they are about to mega-warp or they are about to dump from the arena.  Definitely a connection issue with them.

On the plus side if you can get a good burst into them during that time they will either warp away then explode or they stay frozen and dump in a few seconds.  Either way it's a kill
:D