Author Topic: The VOSS CONSPIRACY... fascinating new book  (Read 104315 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
The VOSS CONSPIRACY... fascinating new book
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2004, 11:41:46 AM »
well..... now you know.   Ball is in your court I would say.

lazs

Offline Capt. Pork

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2004, 11:42:35 AM »
Voss and Metatron are one and the same?

Things are starting to make sense.

On day, several months ago, I watched and momentarily participated in a channel 1 conversation in MA where Metatron claimed to be raking in $17million/year from his Architectural digital/virtual tour business. Apparently, his was but a small share of a $3 billion/year industry.

Apparently, voss/metatron is even more multi-faceted than anyone imagined, and, as he was still in MA when I returned 6 hours later , quite unparalleled in his time management skills.

Does anyone else recall this chapter of the Saga?

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2004, 11:42:54 AM »
Originally posted by ghostdancer
Ripsnort humans are social creatures and make assumptions based on others about the company they keep. Also some of us don't forgive people when they cross a certain line of behavior that harms other people.

Your right its a freaking game. But in the case of Voss he purposedly fabricated the truth and bilked people out of money, etc., etc. (whole TAS situation).

So yes, its a game but at the same time its human behavior to show disapproval of one's actions that harm others by not associating with them. Which is why 13th TAS originally removed him from their squad and point out they have no involvement with him or the whole TAS scam.

Your right its a game .. but say you found out that one of your squad mates in real life was a person you highly disapproved of (Bill Clinton ;) ) or say one of the executives from Enron, or a pedafile, or whatever. Yes, some people would say so what while others naturally would say I can't fly in a squad with that person or want people to think or make assumptions about me because he is my squaddie.

This is the probable reason why 13th TAS (Icer) posts these clarifications.

As for others .. they are pointing what Voss did in the past and believe they are warning others to watch out for what he is capable of. Basically they are in the category of "neither forgive or forget," rightly or wrongly .. depends on your point of view.

This hits the nail on the head. While this is 'just a game' and he is 'just a name'. We are all also real people sitting at home with wife, children, mortgages, jobs etc. We extrapolate our 'real life' values into the realm of our recreational pursuits, everyone does. AH is like a club, a WW2 Combat Flight Sim club. Most do not want known criminals in their clubs be it a virtual club or a real life 'face to face' club. Like it or not, the fact that the Hornets harbor a person who has successfully defrauded this very community out of money through deliberate deceit and malicious intent, is going to reflect very poorly on you as a whole regardless of the integrity of your other members.

This isn't about in game stats,or wether the Hornets are a skillfull squad or not. This is about protecting the community and our little club from those who would do us ill.

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2004, 11:45:21 AM »
Originally posted by Pongo
You left out the part where he said that AH was developed in part with copyrighted material from TAS. He said that right on this board.
And you left out the whole part about Iron Man...Voss's wingman from the gulf.

If anyone has never read this stuff..the original source posts (which were linked here at one point) are fascinating.

Yea, I remember reading that, I was left bewildered. Didn't HiTech ban Voss/Metapotato for life over this stuff? Why is he still allowed to be here? I know HTC is in litigation with his old Warbirds people over AH copyrights, I don't see him taking to kindly to Voss/Metapotatos claim to the copyright of Aces High.

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2004, 11:48:15 AM »
Somebody fill me in here. I think it is pertinent to this thread, and for the sake of the Hornets (and everyone's opinion of them).

How do we KNOW that Voss=Metatron?

Because if it is not proven we could be slandering a player unjustly. If it is proven, then as Lazs said...the ball is in the Hornet's court.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2004, 11:49:04 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
yep... the whole saga is just so over the top unbelievable that you can't help but despise the man in his total dishonesty...

since he is not the least repentant then I would say that a sqaud that embraces and defends him is pretty strange and comprised of pretty strange folk.

I have talked to 13th guys and when they found out about voss they were disgusted and repeled.   A normal reaction... none of them would knowingly have anything to do with an unrepentant voss in my opinion from talking to them.

lazs

This is exactly what I am saying Lazs, any squadron in our community with any kind of self-respect or sense of moral integrity would not allow themselves to be associated with this sort of individual. It is because of this that I question the true motives of those with decision making power in the Hornets. What are they gaining by sanctioning such a person?...But, I think we all know that answer....
« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 12:44:33 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2004, 11:54:04 AM »
The only thing evident here is that Citabria needs to prove that Metatron is Voss.  And..That Metatron must have shot down Cita, or hid his CV, or captured a base he wanted real bad.  Cita gets revenge in his own sick ways.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2004, 11:59:23 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
The only thing evident here is that Citabria needs to prove that Metatron is Voss.  And..That Metatron must have shot down Cita, or hid his CV, or captured a base he wanted real bad.  Cita gets revenge in his own sick ways.

You have proof of that claim Rip?? I dont think revenge is the motivation behind this post..

Cit did not write that.. He merely posted it.. 8)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 12:01:51 PM by TheDudeDVant »

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2004, 12:07:49 PM »
Originally posted by Edbert MOL
Somebody fill me in here. I think it is pertinent to this thread, and for the sake of the Hornets (and everyone's opinion of them).

How do we KNOW that Voss=Metatron?

Because if it is not proven we could be slandering a player unjustly. If it is proven, then as Lazs said...the ball is in the Hornet's court.

1) he has openly admitted it many times on this BBS and in-game either directly or by inuendo.

2) compare the structure/grammar/vocabulary/syntax/style of the Voss posts to the Metatron posts, they are exactly identical.

3) he makes reference to these events from the vantage of the perpetrator without remorse and even with some thinly veiled pride. Which I personally find abhorrent and disgusting.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2004, 12:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by TheDudeDVant
You have proof of that claim Rip?? I dont think revenge is the motivation behind this post..

Cit did not write that.. He merely posted it.. 8)

Just going by status-quo.;)  obviously you haven't been in AH as long as I have, and do not know Fester as well as some of the vets here do ;)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2004, 12:13:01 PM »
I was not a part of the whole Voss debacle and cannot comment on that.

But, I can comment on this whole 13th TAS and Hornets thing.

First off...I am a member of 13th TAS.  Absolutely top notch bunch of individuals and pilots.  Their character is impossible to tarnish.

Secondly, I know and consider quite a few Hornets among my friends.  Ripsnort, Swoop, Cavalear, Replicant (Nexx) just to name a few.

My take is that the Hornets have simply said "The past is the past, let's move on."  There is no denying Metatron (Voss...whatever) is a good pilot and someone who you would want on your wing.   I don't think they hang out socially with the guy, but given the fact that these guys are a bunch of really nice guys they have decided to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and let by-gones be by-gones.

Most of the stalwart 13th guys who knew Voss have good reason to dislike and distrust this Voss guy.  But, they don't hate him.  They are too darn nice to actually hate anybody.

Fester sounds like he has good reason to dislike Voss and I bear him no malace posting this thread in an effort to warn anyone off getting involved in a scam.

But PLEASE...let's not turn this into an attack on the Hornets.  They are friends of mine and I don't like it when my friends get attacked.

Peace.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2004, 12:16:45 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
But PLEASE...let's not turn this into an attack on the Hornets.  They are friends of mine and I don't like it when my friends get attacked.

Peace.

When you're number 1, someones always trying to knock you down. ;) You America basher! :) ;) (j/k)

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2004, 12:19:29 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
obviously you haven't been in AH as long as I have, and do not know Fester as well as some of the vets here do ;)

Pretty sure Kappa knows Fester.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2004, 12:21:42 PM »
Originally posted by Furious
Pretty sure Kappa knows Fester.

Well that explains it, its his squaddie! LMAO!!!!

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2004, 12:27:51 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
I was not a part of the whole Voss debacle and cannot comment on that.

But, I can comment on this whole 13th TAS and Hornets thing.

First off...I am a member of 13th TAS.  Absolutely top notch bunch of individuals and pilots.  Their character is impossible to tarnish.

Secondly, I know and consider quite a few Hornets among my friends.  Ripsnort, Swoop, Cavalear, Replicant (Nexx) just to name a few.

My take is that the Hornets have simply said "The past is the past, let's move on."  There is no denying Metatron (Voss...whatever) is a good pilot and someone who you would want on your wing.   I don't think they hang out socially with the guy, but given the fact that these guys are a bunch of really nice guys they have decided to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and let by-gones be by-gones.

Most of the stalwart 13th guys who knew Voss have good reason to dislike and distrust this Voss guy.  But, they don't hate him.  They are too darn nice to actually hate anybody.

Fester sounds like he has good reason to dislike Voss and I bear him no malace posting this thread in an effort to warn anyone off getting involved in a scam.

Peace.

I like some of the Hornets too. I've known some that I like for many years. It is because of this that I am horrified they would associate with such a shady character. Like it or not they are guilty by association. It is not unlike having a known sex offender living in your house. While you may be the nicest guy in the world your neighbors are not going to think too highly of you for having that sex offender there right next door to them. It's just that simple.

While it's nice to say let bygones be bygones the truth is he  maliciously defrauded the community of countless dollars and basically got away with it. He was banned for life but just keeps creating new false identities. He is even smug about the fact that he perpetrated this crime without having to compensate his victims. There is nothing whatsoever stopping him from hatching some other scheme now, tomorrow, or anytime in the future. He is now and always will be a threat to the integrity of the community.

Voss/Metapotato is not just someone we find annoying or immature we can ignore/squelch those people. He is a criminal at large using loopholes in the system to remain involved in the very community he defrauded. I don't care who you are, that is just wrong.

Zazen
« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 12:46:12 PM by Zazen13 »