Author Topic: Question to HTC  (Read 583 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Question to HTC
« on: July 13, 2004, 01:32:18 PM »
Will the older skins be "revamped" when they're upped to 1024?

I notice only a select 20-25% are at high-res, and those that are are much much more skinner-friendly (i.e. the Veltro has a "top" skin to go along with each side, whereas the 109E only has one side, mirrored and stretched around port, starboard, top, and bottom).

Will the old skins be "re" mapped, and if so will we need to re-do our skins if/when that happens?

I am wondering because 1) mapping on the 109E sucks big time 2) I'm currently working on a 109E skin 3) I'm wondering how hard it would be to redo the skin if the layout is improved for the good of mankind at a later point in time.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Question to HTC
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 07:33:48 PM »
They're going to be a total revamp. Knowing which would be first, last would be helpful. And an approximate time table would be great.

If we're looking at a year, than just about any skin is worth doing now.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Question to HTC
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 08:12:40 PM »
Yeah, nopoop, that's sort of what I was wondering about. Do we do 'em now, and have to have them scrapped in a few months, or what? That type of thing. But going by how many bugs AH2 has now (*cough*preparestobebannedbyHTC*cough*), it could be a year before skins are revamped.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
Question to HTC
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2004, 04:43:17 AM »
Wouldn't have thought that when changes are done it will take too much effort to convert your existing skins
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory