Author Topic: WTF? TCP when logging in?  (Read 396 times)

Offline MwXX

• Copper Member
WTF? TCP when logging in?
« on: July 16, 2004, 10:20:39 PM »
Ok, firewall is open to AH and now since patch Im getting a delay and switching to TCP as soon as logging in, but I can play. LOTTA LAGGGGG but it is TCP only.

what to do? reloaded Network Card, and still nothing....:confused:

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 10:51:33 PM »
If you check the program so that it loads textures to system mem, it takes a few seconds - close to a minute on my machine. The connection might be timing out in the process. Start the game offline first, then quit and go online - it might help.

Offline flyingaround

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2004, 03:13:59 AM »
Welcom to the world of Lute.  Have not had UDP in AH2 since the FIRST time I tried it (on first day, w/ only 7 peeps ups)

BUT mine is a problem w/ my isp, and the idea of going offline 1st is worth a shot for ya'

Good Luck!
WMLute

III/JG26 9th ST WidowMakers

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 03:53:29 AM »
Originally posted by TweetyBird
If you check the program so that it loads textures to system mem, it takes a few seconds - close to a minute on my machine. The connection might be timing out in the process. Start the game offline first, then quit and go online - it might help.

Yep mine times out as well  - and always switches to TCP.

Using  textures load to memory is causing it.
I come from a land downunder

Offline NOJACK

• Zinc Member
cant connect to host
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2004, 07:15:03 AM »
Is this the same issue.  hehe I don't get to fly maybe all weekend because this issue can't be resolved over the phone. No phone support on the weekend.  I downloaded the new patch, and now it can't connect to the host.  I took out the router, I always shut down firewall and antivirus, I downloaded the full version and renamed the old version, I renamed the vid config, I tried to resend password, can't connect to host.  I've tried it with and without preloaded textures. Offline works.   I even tried to set up a new account. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr  :mad: NOJACK

Offline MwXX

• Copper Member
DITTO
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2004, 07:46:39 AM »
DITTO!!!!!:mad: