Author Topic: Work in progress: KI-61 Capt. C. Ichikawa  (Read 1015 times)

Offline 13Promet

• Copper Member
Work in progress: KI-61 Capt. C. Ichikawa
« on: July 14, 2004, 06:51:53 PM »
KI61c, C. Ichikawa, 244 Sentai, 10 kills.

Plane is brand new right now.
Next and last step will be weathering and adding some detail to the rudder marking.

Any comment is appreciated.

Thank to Kweassa for the great template.

Regards

Promet

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 08:38:13 PM »
It is looking good so far.

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 07:10:46 AM »
13Promet, I'd hate to say this but the clover on this skin is rumored to be a graffiti written by American soldiers when the plane was captured.  It cannot be substantiated in Japanese documents.

Offline Stratocaster

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 07:13:49 AM »
Dont even go there! who cares it looks good on it! nice skin keep us posted... cant wait to see the finished result
Strat

∼<<∼Loose Deuce∼>>∼

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2004, 08:14:23 AM »
that's just it... according to this page: http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~s244f/toso.htm

Capt. Ichikawa's plane was the Ki-61-1-Hei, not the Tei model we have on AH.  And his plane was destroyed when he rammed another plane.  We really don't know where this clover mark came from.

Offline 13Promet

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2004, 08:30:59 AM »
Thank you for info, FD.
Unfortunately I can't read japanese, therefore I'm not able to understand what's on the page you linked.
As for now I know Hasegawa (japanese scale models producer) having such aircraft (with clover) in their catalog. I own myself the 1:72 scale of it. Hasegawa is usually pretty accurate.
Moreover the design of the clover seems to me much closer to japanese aesthetic style more than to american one.
Of course this is not enough to document the skin as "historical", therefore I will make some more researches about this. Any help is appreciated.

As for the Hien-Tei models i think HTC posted somewhere that they have some tollerance between very similar models (I remember it was about the Spit Mk. VIII, whose skin is accepted even if applied to a Mk. IX). Therefore I hope this not to be a real problem.

Thank you all for feedback.

Best regards

Promet
« Last Edit: July 15, 2004, 08:37:05 AM by 13Promet »