Author Topic: Request  (Read 710 times)

Offline Rafe35

• Silver Member
Request
« on: July 15, 2004, 12:48:19 PM »
I need a blank template for BF 109E-4 while I have some plans to make BF 109E-4 skins of JG 76.
Rafe35
Former member of VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
Request
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 12:51:10 PM »

I like this one...

:)
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.

Offline Rafe35

• Silver Member
Request
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 01:02:14 PM »
Deej,

I think that is cool looking Bf 109, but still i cannot draw like that lol and i only draw plain and simple. :p
Rafe35

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Request
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 04:58:42 PM »
I've been thinking about doing a trop myself (and yes that is a well known photo, and a good example of one), but the many many spots intimidate me. I have the perfect 190 skin to complement it, so I may do it anyways.

But not right away, so if anybody else wants to do it, go for it!

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Request
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2004, 07:18:35 PM »
Try here for rough blueprints.  http://www.suurland.com/

Offline Rafe35

• Silver Member
Request
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2004, 11:26:54 PM »
Originally posted by Cobra412
Try here for rough blueprints.  http://www.suurland.com/
Hey thanks, but How can I start with Blue prints?
Rafe35

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Request
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2004, 12:18:23 AM »
With scaled blueprints you can take them into PSP or Photo Shop and use them to get fairly correct scaled panel lines/rivets.  

Basically what you do is take them into your paint program.  Use the selection tool and cut out the area you want to use.  It's better to cut them down to just slightly over the general area you need.  Basically what I do is check the already referenced panel lines by HT.  I then find that same set of panel lines in PS.  I cut out just slightly more of the area that I need.  I take it and make it it's own file.  I reduce it's opacity so I can see through to the original HT layer.  I paste it into a seperate layer, scale it to match atleast 2 major lines if not more.  I then make a third layer and use my pencil tool for my lines.

Once all the panel lines are done I'll go and use the selection tool to trace the outter edges of all major objects on the original skin.  I'll save each selection area to an alpha channel.  Makes it easy for selecting areas you want to adjust later on.  I'll then press on with my rivets.  After that I go ahead and make another layer to test my paint scheme on.  Check in the game to ensure I've got the panel lines and paint scheme in the right positions.  Then I start fine tuning everything.