Author Topic: Zeke code in other planes?  (Read 507 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Zeke code in other planes?
« on: July 16, 2004, 05:33:34 PM »
I've noticed that the Ta152 will burst into flames if you so much as look at it. The bf110 I was flying in the other night took one (1) hit and became a flaming zero. A fw190 I flew not long ago also became a blooming Roman candle after a few hits.

What gives??? These planes are NOT wooden. They are metal, and even if there is a fire of some sort, metal isn't going to make you lose a wing in 20 seconds (as happened in all 3 cases mentioned above), but TAKE NO OTHER DAMAGE!

What the heck gives?!?!? LW planes weren't necessarily known for lighting up like tissue paper zekes.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 06:23:46 PM »
there is some "randomness" to the damage occured when a particular area of the plane is hit from what i remember HTC saying once.

i can go over a month without losing rediator in my dora, then for 2 weeks thats all that gets hit.

i have given up on this whole thing until actual plane parts and control wires can be modeled, hence damaged if directly hit.

i'll be waiting for about 20 years i can only assume. the ammount of programming and graphics involved in something like that is beyond processer capabilities i believe.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 06:48:40 PM »
JB73, There is no randmomness in what is hit.

The only randomness occures is on how big your  oil or fuel leak is and how long before fire explodes your plane, and how long you get to live with a wound.

HiTech

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2004, 06:57:37 PM »
I think HT is right, JB.

The one incredible thing I've noticed is everytime I got a gun damage, I'd look at my wing and see the hole lying smack right over the top where that exact gun would be placed inside.

Like, of the eight guns in the P-47, I get a gun damage, look at the wings and see the hole in the place where the #3 machine gun would be - and if I test fire I really see the #3 gun not working!

ps) HT, can't we get the damage effects working under the wings and at the fuselage too?? It'd be so cool!!!!

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 07:50:25 PM »
Re: pilot wounds,

So you mean theb probability of a pilot blacking out isn't the inverse of the distance to the field he is trying to land at? :P

I still maintain that certain planes catch fire more than regularly, and more than they ought to :confused:

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2004, 08:04:37 PM »
I think HT is right, JB.

I would hope so.

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2004, 09:33:19 PM »
i bet the fire happens at were the fuel tank is

tho im not sure how a 50 cal round sets my Mossie on fire?
known as Arctic in the main

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2004, 10:31:04 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
JB73, There is no randmomness in what is hit.

The only randomness occures is on how big your  oil or fuel leak is and how long before fire explodes your plane, and how long you get to live with a wound.

HiTech
TY Hitech for clearing it up, possibly it was a player that said something about it.

obviously wrong, and i have been under a flase assumption.
I don't know what to put here yet.