Author Topic: CTDs with Patch 6  (Read 426 times)

Offline AKWeav

• Nickel Member
CTDs with Patch 6
« on: July 16, 2004, 07:32:59 PM »
Don't know why but can't stay logged on for more than 10-15mins since patch 6.

P4 2.8ghz
1k ram
Nvidia g-force 4 128meg vid card
cable modem connex

Offline AKWeav

• Nickel Member
CTDs with Patch 6
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 08:49:35 PM »
Just tried again, same ol, same ol.  Lose UDP within 5 minutes of logging in, booted in less than 10 minutes.

Guess I'll have to wait until next patch to play.:rolleyes:

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
CTDs with Patch 6
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 09:34:31 PM »
I had to uninstall the old files and install the fresh from the download section of the AH website. It's at the top of the page. (Not the upgrade, its the full 80 something mb download)Takes 5 minutes with cable modem. May work for you. Give it a try.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
CTDs with Patch 6
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 12:50:37 AM »
2 CTDs for me tonight.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
CTDs with Patch 6
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2004, 08:33:56 AM »
I had several last night. I dont play all that much but from what I've played before patch 6 I had no problems at all with CTD's after Patch 1. Last night I had 2 CTD's all which happend as I was just pulling the trigger. Once in a 262 while winging with kappa and another while in the DA with BGBMaw. Again, I can narrow the CTD down to when I pulled the trigger. That might help.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
CTDs with Patch 6
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2004, 09:08:07 AM »
Morpheus wrote:  Last night I had 2 CTD's all which happend as I was just pulling the trigger

seems that it might be sound related, if it happened whle pulling trigger or when you pulled the trigger..........just a thought to consider..check your sound settings they may hace changed or if it worked good at full, try moving it back to 3/4 with this patch.........good luck
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline xBarrelx

• Copper Member
CTDs with Patch 6
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2004, 06:27:17 PM »
Man these updates are great....well except for this one. I have been running perfectly since AH2 came out. Then, all of a sudden, I sign on and it asks me to update AH. Okay, I figure they fixed some problems and now other people can be happy. I play for a few minutes and then poof. I'm looking at the backround on my desktop. This has happened to me 5 times, not gonna play again until the patch is fixed. Not only did it happen when I pulled the trigger but it also happened for no reason. I was just flying, closing on an opponent and then poof, looking at the desktop.

Pentium 4 CPU 3.06GHz
128 Mb NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
768Mb RAM

Offline AKWeav

• Nickel Member
CTDs with Patch 6
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2004, 07:32:56 PM »
See HiTech's sticky post