Author Topic: Alternative History Gaming  (Read 213 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Alternative History Gaming
« on: July 21, 2004, 12:03:53 PM »
Just picked up a bargain at EB Games, for 20$ "Freedom Fighters" by IO Interactive. I bought it for Gamecube. It's for PC, PS2, Xbox as well.

1945-Soviets drop Atomic Bomb on Berlin, ending WW2 In Europe.
1953-Britain joins Soviet Block
1961-Cuba Allows placing of Mid Range ICBM's by the Soviets under US Protest.
1974-Russia sends Military Advisors to Hondorus and Guatemala
1995-Communists Win Presidential Election in Mexico
2001-Foiled Assanation attempt on the US President by undisclosed country
2003-Hundreds of Soviet Drone Fly overs, are discredited by US Government.

The Game itself is awesome, it reminds of Metal Gear Solid (Third Person Views) only Squad based, You get to go around killing Commies in New York after a Soviet Invasion. Missions are disrupting enemy supply lines, rescuing prisoners and such. I feel the only drawback is limited weapons, it seems to carry only the standard assortment, although its fun to light up pinkos with Molotov Cocktails from a rooftop.

I wouldnt reccomend it for PC, due to it's distributor EA Games (YEck!) But i would reccomend it for Console Systems.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 12:06:06 PM »
What else is out there for Gamecube?  We got one for the kids and the wife picked me up MOH Frontline.

That one sounds interesting though.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 12:15:44 PM »
Simpsons Hit and Run is a MUST HAVE!
Metroid:Prime is a great title, Metroid Echoes comes out this Fall.
MOH:Rising Sun is ok, I rented it a while back.

But I'm holding out for Call of Duty, Its supposedly going to be a whole different game from the PC release. It's due out Nov 3rd.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 12:17:24 PM »
I'll get COD at Christmas.

Thanks for the others.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain