Author Topic: God this game gets repetitive.  (Read 3917 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
God this game gets repetitive.
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2004, 06:10:49 PM »
I don't know what you're doing Urchin, but I see a much, MUCH better mix than that.  True, those are the most common, but I still see a lot of 109s, 190s and P-38s.  Yaks, Hurris, A6Ms, 110s and Mossies are more common than you paint the 109 as being.

Way to go off the deep end.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2004, 06:13:46 PM »
No, you are right.  I played for at least two hours today with the Rooks down to 2 bases.  I must have seen at least 4 planes that weren't Spit/Nik/La7/P51/Typh... I'm just having trouble remembering exactly when and what they were.

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2004, 06:16:25 PM »
I give Urchin's whine an 8.  It's suitably incomprehensible while at the same time sincere.  You can almost imagine the spittle collecting on his monitor as he angrily typed it out.

I wonder if he really imagines himself as a persecuted, noble experten defender of Luftwaffe honor, or if that's just a faux persona he maintains on the BBS.

Notice how he doesn't make any mention of his beloved Me-109 or Fw-190 despite the fact that there are more 109's and 190's flying around than the "too common" Typhoon.  Or notice how he considers the P-38 (an easier plane for him to kill/run from in his 109G-10) to be not common enough despite it outnumbering the "too common" N1K2.   But then why let logic get in the way of a good rant?

J_A_B

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2004, 06:17:41 PM »
Film your next session online.  I'll film mine.  We can then compare.

Of course we'll discount our own rides as we both have a tendency to fly things other than Spits, P-51s, La-7s, N1K2s and Tiffies.  We'd throw the poll off if we counted our rides.

It'll be interesting.

Better yet, write down what you saw before you confirm it by viewing the film.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2004, 06:24:25 PM »
One thing my post illustrates is that the AH ICON system makes it seem like there's less variety than there actually is.

Take the most common ICON, the SPIT--If you see 5 SPITS in the MA, chances are that among those 5 are actually 3 different models of airplanes.   So there's more variety than you might think.

This holds true for any plane which has different versions all lumped under the same generic ICON.  Clearly the AH ICON system is causing perception to differ from reality.

J_A_B

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2004, 06:27:51 PM »
I'd give J_A_B's whine a 5.  It honestly makes no sense... and I suspect he thinks I actually give a **** what he thinks.  Who is he anyway?  Has he been playing long?  Is he any good?  

By the way.. dumb****... at least try looking up the stats *before* you attempt to make any kind of argument.  I know that may leave you in danger of making sense, but it'll be worth it in the long run.  

This tour, as of 7:20 PM.  

Notice how he doesn't make any mention of his beloved Me-109 or Fw-190 despite the fact that there are more 109's and 190's flying around than the "too common" Typhoon.

Typhoon:  K 9214, D 5964

My beloved 109...  I assume the G-10 since that is the one I'm flying.  K 6764, D 4627.  

My beloved 190...  Again I'll assume the D-9, since it has the most kills.  K 8898 D 5165.  

I'm not sure how math works in your country J_A_B.. but in mine... 6764 < 8898 < 9214.  

Furthermore, I don't even think the stats truly represent the number of P-51, La-7, or Typhoons flying around since a typical "engagement" with one of those planes involves 2 steps.  Step 1: Them diving on you... step 2, them running.  No kills or deaths to record in those cases.

I wonder if J_A_B is actually capable of making a coherent argument, or if he is merely limited to tossing juvenile insults in an attempt to look like one of the "cool kids".  Sorry bud... it just isn't going to happen.  However, you can redeem yourself and go from being a mere loser to a geek (!).. all you have to do is attempt to form a coherent argument.  What a deal.

Or notice how he considers the P-38 (an easier plane for him to kill/run from in his 109G-10) to be not common enough despite it outnumbering the "too common" N1K2. But then why let logic get in the way of a good rant?

Oops, missed this line while I was wading through the rest of your bull****.  

Niki: 15757 K, 13582 D
P-38: 12515 K, 14798 D

Here you almost have a clue.  The Niki is considerably more common than the P-38 in my experience, but the P-38 is used much more often to defend a field from GVs.  In fact.. once you take out the ~2,000 deaths by various GVs... the P-38 has less deaths than the Niki...  which makes sense because the Niki sees more use.  Better luck next time.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 06:59:38 PM by Urchin »

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2004, 06:32:06 PM »
Oh, I just looked up the ****tards stats... assuming he is the same fine fellow as "jab".  

I didn't mean to insinuate you were a bad person jab.  I'm sorry that you are one of the chicken****s flying around in the runstang looking for AFK climbers to kill.  

I'm not saying you are a bad person because you fly the runstang so you won't have to learn how to fight, I'm just saying it gets old seeing the same 4 (or 5, depending on the situation) planes over and over and over ad nauseum.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2004, 06:33:19 PM »
Urchin - I like you. but I think you've been a masturbator. You have flown P51/LA7/Spit9 yourself in T54. Why? I haven't - in fact I haven't flown P51/Spit9/LA7/N1K/TYPH at any time in the past year.

I know it's frustrating. Get a damned RPS I say - and some proper size maps.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2004, 06:37:52 PM »
Exactly why the MA doesn't need anything else modeled for it. Thanks for the additional illustration. :D

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2004, 06:43:58 PM »
Originally posted by SELECTOR
all i ever see is la7 p38s and niks..
but rolling plane set would be interesting

Say NO to rolling plane sets...

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2004, 06:44:37 PM »
Yea, Beetle, I've flown most every type of plane armed with different guns.  If you'd take a look down in the Airplanes forum, you'd find out why.  

Oh... and tar... I mean Jab... take a look at YOUR killstats, retard.
Notice how he doesn't make any mention of his beloved Me-109 or Fw-190 despite the fact that there are more 109's and 190's flying around than the "too common" Typhoon.

****tards kills during this tour...

La7 : 20
Spit 5: 19
Spit 9: 12
Niki: 9
Typhoon: 8.

190D9 : 5
190A5: 2
190A8: 2
109G2: 1
109G6: 1
109G10: 1
109F4: 1

Yea.. if you add all of your 109 and 190 kills up.. you've killed 1 more 109/190 than you have Spit 9s.  Of course, if you are going to add all the 109s & 190s up, you outta add the Spits up .. so you've killed about 1/3rd as many 109s/190s as you have Spits.  

Way to prove my point, dumb****.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2004, 06:55:16 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Say NO to rolling plane sets...

ack-ack
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
Re: Sorry.....
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2004, 07:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by RedTop
I fly the Spit...pretty much exclusivley. It's a SPIT V tho...is this a bad thing?  If so...My apologies;)

fly what pleases you and forget the whiners....

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2004, 07:11:05 PM »
Jeeezus Urchin....get a grip.  It cant be healthy for you to get this torqued off over a game.  Have you ever been happy here?  Ever??  As long as I can remember you have been nothing but pissed at everybody who doesnt fly what you want them to fly.  I know you are "gud at flite simz" but man.....if anything ever pisses me off this bad I will quit before I go off the deep end....well except for golf, but thats a different story.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2004, 07:15:28 PM »
I'm not pissed off.  I was just stating a fact, then tardling decided to spout off whatever random **** was floating around in that toilet he calls a brain.  I then refuted his "arguments".  

Yeah, when someone random nobody tries to call me out, I'm going to respond in kind.  

But that still doesn't make me pissed off.