Author Topic: P-38 Pilots  (Read 2933 times)

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
P-38 Pilots
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2004, 12:32:58 AM »
Originally posted by 38ruk
Levi do you have roadies lol , all this fanboy talk reminds me of an 80's hairband hehehe <> levi......    38

Oh, is that what that is?   I was starting to worry that DMF had a Michael Jackson thing going there.

Offline HUN

• Copper Member
P-38 Pilots
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2004, 09:13:57 AM »
I've always hated the 479th Raiders.  I still do... I'm talking about that deep seated, joystick throwing, kickin' the cat across the room kind of way. :mad: :D

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
P-38 Pilots
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2004, 03:31:16 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
Then why do you insist on telling my "fanboys" how good you are if you don't value their opinions anyway?

-- Todd/Leviathn

show me were I said 'How good I was'.

btw I flew against and with alot of em since AW, all your doing is being an assinine salamander.

sorry Levi, gonna let this space be for 479, its their thread.

as for the value of there opinion, a few yes I would take, but Ack Ack can eat watermelon and die.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
P-38 Pilots
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2004, 03:52:27 PM »
Originally posted by SLO
show me were I said 'How good I was'.
[/b]

In this thread or in general?  I could find plenty of threads where you basically state your flying prowess.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but it does seem obvious to me that you care what this community in general thinks of your skills, and to that end you seem to feel the need to point out your skills at every possible opportunity.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
P-38 Pilots
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2004, 04:34:38 PM »
Not at all SLO, be my guest.  At this rate its a self bumping thread.

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
P-38 Pilots
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2004, 05:56:55 PM »

In this thread or in general?  I could find plenty of threads where you basically state your flying prowess.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but it does seem obvious to me that you care what this community in general thinks of your skills, and to that end you seem to feel the need to point out your skills at every possible opportunity.

-- Todd/Leviathn [/B]

I like that 'what the community thinks'

ever think just maybe I really don't give a chit, just maybe I'm here to pass some leisure time. I pay my 15$ a month and that gives me the right to post on this BBS. What you or the community think just doesn't bother me any.

it might be the impression you get, that I try to come across as an attention seeker, but its most likely my above average communication skills that get me into trouble:D

and after 8 years of Flight Sim I know exactly were my skills are at. Do you know yours Levi?

and there's Ack-Ack calling me a Timid flyer, while my squaddies are still wondering how I turn fight a Tif vs. a Spit, question is, who to believe.

as an anti-fanboy I'll go with my squaddies view of things.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
P-38 Pilots
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2004, 06:11:51 PM »
Originally posted by SLO
What you or the community think just doesn't bother me any.
[/b]

You keep saying this, but your actions seem to suggest otherwise.  On the other hand, you've got a point that it might be a communication issue.

and after 8 years of Flight Sim I know exactly were my skills are at. Do you know yours Levi?
[/B]

I've got a good sense of what I can do.  However, I don't feel the need to advertise it, and I doubt most people care anyway.

and there's Ack-Ack calling me a Timid flyer, while my squaddies are still wondering how I turn fight a Tif vs. a Spit, question is, who to believe.
[/b]

I have no idea if AKAK's accusations hold merit.  Remember, I don't think we've ever actually met in the game, and I have never seen film of you flying.  As such, I have no real way of assessing how you fly or how well you fly.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
P-38 Pilots
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2004, 05:55:09 AM »
Ah yes, the typhy.

Typhy vs spit, = dead spit.

Typhy vs P38 = pissed off P38

:D
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline crims

• Nickel Member
P-38 Pilots
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2004, 04:01:03 PM »
Ah yes, the typhy.

Typhy vs spit, = dead spit.

Typhy vs P38 = pissed off P38

Your Not flying against the right 38's:p

Or the 38 is pissed it took so long to kill ya :D

Crims
479th Raiders
Life's to Short Don't Forget To Laugh 479Th Raiders FG

Offline FT_Animal

• Nickel Member
P-38 Pilots
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2004, 07:42:25 PM »
Originally posted by SLO
I like that 'what the community thinks'

ever think just maybe I really don't give a chit, just maybe I'm here to pass some leisure time. I pay my 15$ a month and that gives me the right to post on this BBS. What you or the community think just doesn't bother me any.

it might be the impression you get, that I try to come across as an attention seeker, but its most likely my above average communication skills that get me into trouble:D

as an anti-fanboy I'll go with my squaddies view of things.

>but its most likely my above average
>communication skills that get me into trouble

This has got to be sarcasim, it's certainly something I can't take seriously.

What do you communicate with, stuffed animals?

Whooops!

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
P-38 Pilots
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2004, 05:12:55 PM »
I have no idea if AKAK's accusations hold merit.  Remember, I don't think we've ever actually met in the game, and I have never seen film of you flying.  As such, I have no real way of assessing how you fly or how well you fly.

-- Todd/Leviathn
Mabey you have encountered him in the game, and it just didnt leave an impression?

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
P-38 Pilots
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2004, 09:26:22 PM »
I think if I have the time (and you do also) I will grab one of you 38 drivers for some winging.

In AHI I was pretty comfortable in the 38 and usually gave better than I got. Now in AHII I am about 1 for 1 or worse. Pretty sad state from my end of it considering it is my favorite ride. :) Mom and dad met at the Lockheed P-38 production plant during WWII so for obvious reasons that is my ride. :)

Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
P-38 Pilots
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2004, 10:02:59 PM »
maybe you can guys in the 479th could help out this wannabe 38 stick  out some? :cool:
479th good squad, if ya want to fly 38, this is good group to learn from.
~S~
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
P-38 Pilots
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2004, 01:03:06 AM »
Originally posted by HUN
I've always hated the 479th Raiders.  I still do... I'm talking about that deep seated, joystick throwing, kickin' the cat across the room kind of way. :mad: :D

LOL!

Fun fights the other night :c)

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
P-38 Pilots
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2004, 01:09:04 AM »
Originally posted by SLO
Ack Ack can eat watermelon and die.

LOL I must have hit a sore spot with the Rainbow Warrior comment :c)

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song