Author Topic: News From Oleg on Pacific Fighters and FB/AEP  (Read 168 times)

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
News From Oleg on Pacific Fighters and FB/AEP
« on: July 22, 2004, 06:58:24 AM »
Oleg_Maddox
VIP

Describes the mood or content of the topic posted 22-07-04 00:01

Hi folks.

I'm currently way more busy then in the past... Work and the kid take all my time. Our parents can't help me and my wife with the kid, so we do all things completely ourselves. I sleep now even less then in the past. Now its not more than 4 hours per day. Other time when I'm not with the kid I spend only for the work... No hobby, no relax.

Anyway the news is about Pacific Fighters installation.

We will offer two types of installation...

We are going for the best possible solution and all who has already FB/AEP will be able to install PF into FB/AEP and then get Pacific Fighters which will include all the previous content of FB/AEP. In this case all the menus will be changed to Pacific Fighters Menus and at the same time old style of campaing in FB/AEP will be still playable as well as all other old features accecible. By this way we will get new looking sim with about 200 flyable aircraft (together with AI includes more than 200). Third party will be able to model online wars something like "all around the world".... and also replay with new US and UK planes and ground vehicles the missions (created by third party or by users themselves or I expect add-ons from Starshoy and others with campaigns for single play and coop campaigns for current European maps as well) and online competitions in coop games on european maps from AEP. This will change totally the content for European theater of gameplay. Great Plus isn't it?
But anyway the main _new_ content will be Pacific Theater with the all new planes, vehicles, ships, carriers, vehicles, guns, campaigns, missions, coop, dogfight etc...

Others, who haven't not FB/AEP will be able to install PF as completely separate stand alone product which will feature only Pacific theater with the only content for this purpose(not small need to say!). Probably these that still haven't FB/AEP will look for activity and speeches on forums about "full" version and especially gameplay online and then will try to buy FB/AEP gold pack that to be able to play as others.... Also good plus for all.

The only bad thing of such solution is that we need to support the first time both versions with

1. patches (if neccessary Smile),

2. add-ons, if there will be such. But i would tell there are waiting a lot of third party aircraft currently - Italian, US, Russian and German - from these third party developers who is experinced already in modeling for FB/AEP (or better to say from these who don't speak too much on forums, but really make it good!). Notice: I think add-ons with the planes we can submit only for united version (option PF inot FB/AEP install). We will see after the release.

3. dedicated servers.

1 and 3 is not hard for us.
2 is hard to track if to make for both types of install.

Anyway, trust me, we found the best solution that to satisfy all groups of interest.

Please tell this news to others.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
News From Oleg on Pacific Fighters and FB/AEP
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 10:12:37 AM »
Having a kid makes you wonder what you did with all your time before.
I would think that even in Russia a guy that had accomplished what Oleg had could afford some babysitting though?