Author Topic: Bellylanding  (Read 373 times)

Offline mora

• Gold Member
Bellylanding
« on: July 20, 2004, 11:12:15 PM »
Many planes are almost impossible to bellyland. The planes in question land normally gear up, but at the moment they come to a stop they will start flipping madly and blow up. The Mosquito is the worst example of this. I loved the way AH2 gives you better chance of survival when you hit the ground unusually hard, but this spoils the fun.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Bellylanding
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 09:46:16 AM »
There's a lot of reports of this stuff.  We're looking into it.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Bellylanding
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 10:56:13 AM »
Originally posted by Pyro
There's a lot of reports of this stuff.  We're looking into it.
pyro.. in case no one mentioned it, a 190d with a missing tail wheel can land... but as soon as it "stops" fully, the nose starts bouncing up and down, then the wings rip off, then you eventually explode.

i have onyl experianced this wiht a shot off tail wheel (which has happened 3 times last week suprisingly LOL)

just an FYI.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
Bellylanding
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 03:22:49 PM »
does that on alot of planes - il2 does it...thinking lancaster might had a reall rough landing last night in it.....tailwheel got damaged on approach - not sure how, was low...but don't think I put it in the trees.

Offline xBarrelx

• Copper Member
Bellylanding
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 10:43:08 PM »
OMG lol i laughed my bellybutton off and nearly pissed my pants (had to go potty real bad) when i landed my lanc after a 109 shot off the tailwheel. landed just fine then i stopped and i thought my lanc had hydraulics......and if this were my pimpmobile i wouldnt have minded but eventually all that was left was the cockpit.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Bellylanding
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 07:45:41 PM »
Originally posted by Waffle BAS
does that on alot of planes - il2 does it...thinking lancaster might had a reall rough landing last night in it.....tailwheel got damaged on approach - not sure how, was low...but don't think I put it in the trees.

yup...done that in lancs as well....its rather funny. i stopped, then my tail just fell off then my wing, so i quickly .ef'ed to get the hell out of there lol
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37